Drew Jackson Appreciation Thread

mdbdotcom

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tony-OH said:

Why would this have anything to do with Diaz? If he was on the cusp of being called up, he wouldn't have been sent back to Bowie.

I'm guessing they wanted a true outfielder instead of Jackson.  They have Alberto and Nunez backing up in the infield.  I just personally would rather the outfielder they call up to be Diaz.  That guy excites me.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Why would this have anything to do with Diaz? If he was on the cusp of being called up, he wouldn't have been sent back to Bowie.

I think that he was considering Jackson as an outfielder that would need to be replaced.  But, with Mancini able to play in left or right, albeit, not particularly well, along with Smith, Jr., Mullins, and Rickard, another OF'er isn't really needed.  Hays, when ready, or Santander would be more logical choices anyway since they're both already on the 40 man roster.

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

I'm guessing they wanted a true outfielder instead of Jackson.  They have Alberto and Nunez backing up in the infield.  I just personally would rather the outfielder they call up to be Diaz.  That guy excites me.

I'm guessing it means Mancini is the RF and Nunez the DH until further notice.

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Just an fyi: The only person who has said Drew Jackson was DFA'ed was the kid who made the initial report. Not a single person who has reported and confirmed Strailey has confirmed the Jackson move.

Yeah, I’m not seeing anyone other than that kid. I’m going to need to see another source other than a non verified account.

16 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Just an fyi: The only person who has said Drew Jackson was DFA'ed was the kid who made the initial report. Not a single person who has reported and confirmed Strailey has confirmed the Jackson move.

I'd be delighted if Jackson stays and Wright goes.

Archived