23 homers allowed in 9 games

Frobby

Even before yesterday’s 7-homer debacle, our staff was allowing 2 homers per game.   Now it’s 2.56 per game.    The team has allowed 55 runs total and 38 have come via the home run.    

Tampa has allowed fewer total runs (19) than we’ve allowed homers (23).     And 8 AL teams have allowed fewer total runs than we’ve allowed just on homers (38).

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Even before yesterday’s 7-homer debacle, our staff was allowing 2 homers per game.   Now it’s 2.56 per game.    The team has allowed 55 runs total and 38 have come via the home run.    

Tampa has allowed fewer total runs (19) than we’ve allowed homers (23).     And 8 AL teams have allowed fewer total runs than we’ve allowed just on homers (38).

And the SP we just acquired is a guy who gives up home runs. As are Hess and Bundy. And Alberto. ;)

And this just in:

The 2019 Baltimore Orioles have one of the worst pitching staffs in baseball.  This is believed to hinder their ability to actually win games and is compounded by the reality that while they appear to be a pretty good defensive team, they have only three people who can hit.  An investigation is already underway to learn how the Orioles actually won some of their early games.  Details at 11.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Natty said:

Last year we had the worst team ERA in all of baseball. Right now there are 4 teams worse than us. ?

The shame in all of this is that if they had just mediocre pitching and if Davis was providing just 2 WAR this would be a team in the hunt.

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So, there is room for improvement?

Just now, Slappy said:

It's bad, and it will continue to be bad, but somewhat in our defense, we have played all 9 games against the #1 (NYY) and #3 (TOR) home run teams in the AL last year.

TOR might have the worst offense in baseball right now.

It's a mixture of things. One, that Yankees team is going to set records for hitting home runs this year, especially since they get to face Orioles pitching 19 times.

Saying that, I know I'm speaking to the choir when I say that this pitching staff is not very good, and in its current state could be historically awful. Obviously the hope is that Karns and Stailey will improve, there are not a lot of options in the rotation or bullpen that sparks a lot of confidence. 

The bullpen has one guy you can pretty much think will give you a good outing in Givens. Maybe Bleier once he refinds it consistently, but who else sparks confidence in you when they take the mound? Fry has been decent, and he could very well be another Bleier, but he still has a fastball that scares you. I love Yacobonis' stuff at times, but he's inconsistent. We've seen Castro enough to know you can't trust him. Wright? I think we know the answer there.

Even when the Orioles were 4-1, their bullpen had given up runs in every outing and almost blew multiple games. They are who they are, and Hyde doesn't have a lot of 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It's a mixture of things. One, that Yankees team is going to set records for hitting home runs this year, especially since they get to face Orioles pitching 19 times.

Saying that, I know I'm speaking to the choir when I say that this pitching staff is not very good, and in its current state could be historically awful. Obviously the hope is that Karns and Stailey will improve, there are not a lot of options in the rotation or bullpen that sparks a lot of confidence. 

The bullpen has one guy you can pretty much think will give you a good outing in Givens. Maybe Bleier once he refinds it consistently, but who else sparks confidence in you when they take the mound? Fry has been decent, and he could very well be another Bleier, but he still has a fastball that scares you. I love Yacobonis' stuff at times, but he's inconsistent. We've seen Castro enough to know you can't trust him. Wright? I think we know the answer there.

Even when the Orioles were 4-1, their bullpen had given up runs in every outing and almost blew multiple games. They are who they are, and Hyde doesn't have a lot of 

Options? Tools?  Common sense?  Sense of humor?  Free time?  Paid Time?  Don't leave us in the dark.

We want answers!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2