Attendance 2019

Frobby

23 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Just thought I would mention this. I received an Orioles email a couple of days ago. Questions about being a Birdland member. 

Couple of questions I thought were interesting were about game times. 

They asked separately for each month of April, May and September game times for Saturday games and your preference of 1, 4 or 7pm. 

They also asked for game time preference for Mon-Th games for those months and I think the times were 6,630 or 7. 

I know others on here have Birdland plans and they may remember more.  

Until I read this I wasn't going to bother with the survey. I strongly feel that April, May, and September Saturday games should be at 1 or 4. Especially in April.

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Until I read this I wasn't going to bother with the survey. I strongly feel that April, May, and September Saturday games should be at 1 or 4. Especially in April.

There were other questions of course. Did not take very long.

I answered 4 for April games. I don’t mind the later starts in September. May I could go either way.  

For years FOX has had a big impact on Saturday game times. FS1 games do not have exclusivity like Fox games do.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

There were other questions of course. Did not take very long.

I answered 4 for April games. I don’t mind the later starts in September. May I could go either way.  

For years FOX has had a big impact on Saturday game times. FS1 games do not have exclusivity like Fox games do.  

I just think baseball should be played in the day time if possible. Grow the game and make it easier for kids to be able to attend entire games. I think Saturday summer games should potentially be an hour earlier too.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I just think baseball should be played in the day time if possible. Grow the game and make it easier for kids to be able to attend entire games. I think Saturday summer games should potentially be an hour earlier too.

But in July and August and some of June ,people on the first base side would be in the sun for almost the whole game if it started at 6.I think day games are good for the other months.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I don’t think 6 is a bad idea for Saturday games. I think they did that in the mid 90’s a little. 

I am all for it in April. Colder weather. When FOX has its games in late spring/summer on prime time that dictates a lot of the Saturday game times. They were pretty much 4pm starts in May/June  I just read that FOX is only showing one Saturday game in September, the last week of year. They are though showing 2 Thursday games the weeks before.  

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

I like the idea of weekend day games, so it's easier for kids to go.  Then I remember that the Orioles play in Baltimore, Maryland, where an average summer day at 2pm is 97 degrees with 144% humidity and most of the seats at OPACY are uncovered.  I've had Sunday day games when my kids were younger where the usher let us sit up next to the press box in the shade because we were about 12 minutes from catching on fire in the direct sun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

But in July and August and some of June ,people on the first base side would be in the sun for almost the whole game if it started at 6.I think day games are good for the other months.

Hire a Zeppelin to hover over the stadium and block the sun.  It can move with the sun as the day progresses.  Plus they could sell Zeppelin Seats for only $350 each.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I like the idea of weekend day games, so it's easier for kids to go.  Then I remember that the Orioles play in Baltimore, Maryland, where an average summer day at 2pm is 97 degrees with 144% humidity and most of the seats at OPACY are uncovered.  I've had Sunday day games when my kids were younger where the usher let us sit up next to the press box in the shade because we were about 12 minutes from catching on fire in the direct sun.

Yeah, I do not go on Sunday afternoons. I think that people with the Sunday plans are maniacs!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Spontaneous combustion might boost attendance. Maybe grill hot dogs from the person sitting next to you.Not just an Oriole fan but also a grill.Bring new meaning to the term the fans are fired up.New promotional days.The hottest ticket in town.This player is on fire.

9 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I was an Oriole Sundsy plan holder for 14 or so years.I approve your message. 

I had them for a few years.    Only have them up because I joined a season ticket group that had much better seats.   

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Hire a Zeppelin to hover over the stadium, and block the sun. It can move with the sun as the day progresses. Plus, they could sell Zeppelin Seats for only $350 each.

o

Paul Richards would have loved that ........

The reason why Memorial Stadium had the home dugout on the 3rd base side of the stadium was because Paul Richards did not want to sit in the sun for all of the day games.

They switched sides in between the 1954 and 1955 seasons (when Richards took over for Jimmy Dykes), and it stayed that way until the Orioles opened their new stadium in 1992.

o

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

I'd like to see every Saturday game start at 1 or 4.

I’m with Drungo - it’s awfully hot in June/July/August for that, especially the 1:00 games.    I went to a 4:00 game a few weeks ago and it was still awfully hot until the sun sunk behind the upper deck and we finally got some shade.    As an out of towner, one thing I do like about the 4:00 games is you can go to Little Italy or Fells Point afterwards and still get home at a reasonable time.