Cadyn Grenier, 2019

Moose Milligan

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We also saved around 125k with Grenier that helped us go overslot for Knight and Rom.  If there's one thing I've learned about the draft, it's that round really doesn't matter too much.  It's about having a plan and getting your guys signed.  Like if we flip Knight and Grenier, and Knight is the 1s. and Grenier is the 3rd, people would be saying they were good picks.  Only Knight would have demanded full slot.  

Not so sure about that.  Right now, Knight is a 23 year old with a below average fastball who is getting lit up in Single A Frederick.  

11 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Maybe he is hurt.  Otherwise, his performance is a huge concern.  22 SO's and 23 BB's in 39.1 IP in Frederick.  Yuck.  

Yeah, I'm not sure what the issue is. I know he doesn't have an electric arsenal, but I while I know it's a step up from Delmarva to Frederick, the difference for him seems extreme. Hopefully it's dead arm, or he's having to work through an adjustment. Whatever the case, I have a hard time believing he went from totally dominant in A- to middling in A+ because the talent is SOOOO much different. Of course, I could be wrong. No doubt about that.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm interested in how his walk rate holds up.

I think it’ll hold up decently, he changed the swing and has hit for more pop. I’m concerned that the hit tool isn’t good enough to work without a slappy swing.

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

I think it’ll hold up decently, he changed the swing and has hit for more pop. I’m concerned that the hit tool isn’t good enough to work without a slappy swing.

A bit more pop sure but that 107 point difference between BA and OBP is saving him right now.  His K rate seems untenable considering the rest of his profile.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

A bit more pop sure but that 107 point difference between BA and OBP is saving him right now.  His K rate seems untenable considering the rest of his profile.

That’s what I mean, I’m worried he’s not going to make enough contact.