There Are Rumblings That the O's Will Not Take Rutschman

Greg Pappas

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, LocoChris said:

Could it be the shoulder thing? Lord knows  we all know the O’s would treat a hangnail as a death sentence if it showed up on a physical. 

42 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Just curious what makes you think  Witt Hr is any less of player than Rutschman.

I know our position player need is greatest at catcher. I know that AR’s injury problems are so long ago as to be a non-issue.

Mainly, I know nothing about draft prospects. However, the people who know lotz n lotz about draft prospects are saying, almost with one very loud voice, “Rutschman”

I’m going with them.

Why aren’t you?

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'd rather have AR and Mountcastle, too.  I don't want us to pick Vaughn. 

I'm just saying, people here are going to sour on Mountcastle once they realize how one dimensional he is.  It's obvious that he has a lot of the deficiencies that posters here pick on for other players not having as well.  Bad in the field, doesn't walk.  

I don't think he's going to be bad at first.  I think he'll be better than Vaughn or Mancini for instance.

The not walking, yea it's irritating but I expect it.

54 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I heard that growing up Lew Ford was his favorite player.

By proxie, now Witt jr is the spawn of satan. Anyone who worships lew Ford is obviously the worst human since lew Ford and I am pretty sure ford isn’t human. What a terrible person Witt is. I think whoever drafts Witt obviously doesn’t have any regard for humanity and will be the end of mankind as we know it. 

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I love gifs as much as anyone but you're taking it to a whole new level.

There needs to be a tax on GIF usage.  A highly progressive and radically punitive one after two per month.  

Take this with a grain of salt guys!

I just hope that if they don't take him. That it doesn't blow up in our faces like it normally does. Because we all know that you get the chance to get the consensus best player every year.

I mean for once it would be nice to get the player every other team is drooling over...Right!?

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hot Take:  SRV was a fantastic guitarist but his music sucks because the sound is overproduced.

I think he's a bit overrated.  Like Hendrix he didn't live long enough to round out his game.

He was great at what he did, but a bit limited.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not a GIF.  OTOH it is Stevie Ray, so if anything you get a tax credit.  Congratulations and well played!

But remember,  it all gets erased and you might face jail time if you post any Steve Carrell GIF before July, 2023. No exceptions.

Just now, 24fps said:

Not a GIF.  OTOH it is Stevie Ray, so if anything you get a tax credit.  Congratulations and well played!

But remember,  it all gets erased and you might face jail time if you post any Steve Carrell GIF before July, 2023. No exceptions.

I was just showing my versatility, I can play the gif game or seamlessly transition to music.

Just reading this stuff makes me angry. 

It's going to make me even angrier if the motivation is to pick a guy who will sign under slot.  

I still think they take Rutschman because in a sport where there are heavy risks in the draft I can't imagine them not taking the guy with clearly the highest floor who also might have the highest upside.  

2 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

Orioles Select:

OF: JJ Bledlay

OH

tenor.gif?itemid=3904774

It think this true including myself.   Please O's take the right selection.  My football team NY Giants took a wasted #6 pick, please not the O's.  Don't make 115 loss season even more disasterous.  Please don't be worse than the Dan Duquette clan.  This pick is the fate of the O's franchise to me.

Archived