August 3rd vs M's; going for the SWEEP!

Big Mac

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, appeal at third! The M's broadcast showed Reed's foot simultaneously with the catch and he very clearly left before the ball was in the glove! :angryfire:

The Orioles NEVER appeal that the runner left early on sac flies and I think teams are aware of this because they tend to leave early against us.

Because that's bush league. It never gets over turned, and it's just annoying to sit through. We didn't even do that in Babe Ruth.

Because that's bush league. It never gets over turned, and it's just annoying to sit through. We didn't even do that in Babe Ruth.

I have seen it get overturned - but you could just throw over there and touch third to see.

It is not bush league if you are right.

No, leaving the base before the ball is caught is Bush League. I have seen plays overturned in the Majors before, as they should be when the guy's two steps toward home when the ball hits the glove. Leaving early is cheating and it's the other team's responsibility to put pressure on the umps to keep them honest.

Archived