Orioles have acquired RHP Tom Eshelman from the Philadelphia Phillies in exchange for International Signing Bonus Slots

weams

4 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Bundy has bee decent most of his career as a starter not just little 7-10 outings.

This is the half of Bundy's as a starter.

2016 post all star 4.52 ERA 1.30 Whip 9.0K per 9ip

2017 pre all star 4.33 ERA 1.25 Whip 7.8 k per 9ip

2017 post all star 4.09 ERA 1.11 Whip 10 k per 9 ip

2018 Pre all star 4.35 ERA 1.31 Whip  9.2 K per 9 ip

2018 Post all star 7.11 ERA 1.58 Whip 8.9 k per 9 ip

What is the outlier of those pre post all stars over the last 2 and a half years.  

See my breakdown in the Bundy thread.   I’ve decided not to further derail this thread about Eshelman.

8 hours ago, weams said:

$500 K. Again. It's not the money. It's the ability to spend the money. Up until July 1 2019. Then that ability vanishes. It's pretty much future considerations or cash. Professional courtesies. 

Ah, ok, so we didn't have to send a couple hundred J2 shirts, phewwww!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, connja said:

Why would teams be trading for International Money this late in the process?  Are we sure this money isn't from the pool for next year?  Is that aloud?

It could be used to sign some guys for relationship building and wheel greasing for some planned more significant signing in 2021.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd avoid that after what happened to the Red Sox and Braves.

Well, you can theoretically facilitate in a more legal way. But, yeah everyone is probably on their best behavior after all that and with the Feds still sniffing around. Are the Feds still investigating? I haven’t heard anything about that in a while.

I was wrong about the signing Period. It ends June 15th for these slots.

As for the Phillies, they’ll add a bit of money — no amount was specified — to add a few more international players to their minor league ranks in the coming days. The 2018-19 international signing period comes to a close on June 15, but this swap should give them more funds to add a bit more talent to the lower levels of the system. International signing slots need to be traded in $250K increments, so the Phils picked up at least that much in this deal — and quite possibly more, given Eshelman’s proximity to the Majors.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/baltimore-orioles

• Upvote 1

I’m not sure if anybody has addressed to this possibility, so I might be offering the second telling of the joke, But one of the complaints about Buck was that He had “his guys” and he would support/play them even if there was no reason to do so.I haven’t seen any reason to think that is true in this instance, but is there any possibility that this acquisition demonstrates that maybe Mike has the same kind of blind spot?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, weams said:

It was in the Sun Article. Let me go look.

Orioles traded approximately $5.75 million of this year’s bonus pool away, according to a baseball source with direct knowledge but not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.