The First Fifteen

Kaven5

Just a little update on what the Fifteen Oriole prospects back in return for Machado, Schoop, Britton, Gausman, Brach and O'Day.

Bannon      ,273 avg       4 hrs       27 rbi       .362 obp

Diaz             .245 avg      6 hrs        30 rbi       .322 obp

Kremer         2  -  4           3.32 era      43 innings      back to Frederick

Pop               Tommy John Surgery

Valera         Now with Yankees Scranton  AAA    .336 avg      10 hrs       35 rbi       .430 obp

Tate              1  -  3           4.38 era         24 innings

Carroll           Injured list  - Back

Rogers        UCL injury   probable Tommy John

Cumberland       .239 avg     2 hrs           15 rbi       .369 obp

Encarnacion       .231 avg       7 hrs      34 rbi        .286 obp

Zimmerman     2  -  2      2.72 era      72 innings

Phillips              0  -  0             3.53 era        12 innings

Carmona       .259 avg     0 hrs      0 rbi      27 abs at Aberdeen

Ortiz              2  -  6         7.19 era       56 innings

Villar    .252 avg      10 hrs      33 rbi      .315 obp

Hmmmm.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Philip said:

The only thing I can say when perusing this list is, thank god the guys who thought these were good acquisitions are gone.

the next pertinent wonder is how many of these guys will be around this time next year?

We gave up rentals and damaged goods. I’m not sure what GM out there would have gotten a good return for them.

The issue was that the moves were made a year late, not that we couldn’t extract more talent when the moves were made.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

We gave up rentals and damaged goods. I’m not sure what GM out there would have gotten a good return for them.

The issue was that the moves were made a year late, not that we couldn’t extract more talent when the moves were made.

Well, I disagree, It is certainly moot at this point.

The only thing that matters now is giving thanks that the decision making is in better hands, and how many of these guys are going to be around next year. Precious few, I’m thinkin’

If the O's got five guys out the fifteen that can help the O's in the majors they did a decent job.

Villar is a major leaguer,  Diaz, Kremer, Zimmerman  may all have a chance to be major leaguers. Pop is young and should be able to come back from his injuries.   Phillips seem to be better than AAA and is still trying to make the jump to the majors.   We have not seen enough of Carmona to know what he may be.

35 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If the O's got five guys out the fifteen that can help the O's in the majors they did a decent job.

Villar is a major leaguer,  Diaz, Kremer, Zimmerman  may all have a chance to be major leaguers. Pop is young and should be able to come back from his injuries.   Phillips seem to be better than AAA and is still trying to make the jump to the majors.   We have not seen enough of Carmona to know what he may be.

Also, if they do move Villar I count whatever they get as part of the net gains. 

Once you consider Manny was the only player of value traded, I think they did well.

8 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

ZACK Britton damaged his own Achilles. Gausman has been awful. 

And Schoopy

https://www.gazettextra.com/brewers-decline-to-pick-up-option-on-schoop/article_4966c484-4d94-5483-8754-6e5d7fef4f23.html

They did not even get anything.

1 minute ago, weams said:

ZACK Britton damaged his own Achilles. Gausman has been awful. 

And Schoopy

https://www.gazettextra.com/brewers-decline-to-pick-up-option-on-schoop/article_4966c484-4d94-5483-8754-6e5d7fef4f23.html

They did not even get anything.

So you’re saying that everybody sucks and no one should trade with the Orioles.

Whether you are saying it or not, I truly believe that other MLB teams are going to be VERY Leary of trading for “Oriole Players” at this point.

Fool me once...