Anyone Have an Orioles "Maryland Day" Flag Jersey?

Todd-O

Quality material, same as the ones from the two years before   the white one from 2017, the black one from 2018, and this year's white one with the flag on the shoulders.  All have the MD flag script Orioles on the front and the uniform # is the year (17,18,19).

I often wear them to games.  The 2017 one had a button come loose when I was wearing it on my weekend in FLA for spring training this year but I was able to sew it back on.  I carried around a backup jersey that day in case of wardrobe malfunction but I must have done good work on the button because it never came off again then or since.

My only experiences with give-away jerseys are the Jim Palmer and JJ Hardy jerseys... they were given away during the last 4 years or so.  They were thin material... sizing was off.

Have you seen those?  Do they compare to the Maryland day from this year?

1 hour ago, Todd-O said:

My only experiences with give-away jerseys are the Jim Palmer and JJ Hardy jerseys... they were given away during the last 4 years or so.  They were thin material... sizing was off.

Have you seen those?  Do they compare to the Maryland day from this year?

No I'm not familiar with the material in those.  These aren't thin, they are a unique material, not sure exactly what.  I am 390 miles away from my jerseys at the moment so I can't check the label to tell you what the material is.  Maybe remind me after I get home (Monday evening).

They only came in Medium and Extra Large.  I got the extra large and it's a good fit.  I am short and fat.  I do think that the XL might be a tad too short for a really tall person 6'2"+... It's plenty long for me (5'6").

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Vieira is now a trivia question  😁
    • I don't know why... but Norfolk just can't seem to play well at home this year.  Of the 6 games vs. Gwinnet, the team went 2-4.  With Hunt catching, they were 0-3.  With Handley, they were 2-1.  The biggest difference I saw was Handley's ability to block the ball and control the running game more.  Gwinnet was/is one of the top teams in the IL in stolen base attempts.  Handley had more CS and he also had a PO.  During the 6/29 game, Handley's pitchers (Young and Strowd) both had POs over at 1B.  If you watch, you can see Handley call the PO and then punch his glove.  At that time, the pitcher throws over.  It didn't win that game... but it kept it closer. From an offensive perspective... as a whole, the team was awful (excluding Holliday).  167 AB's and only 29 hits.  A team average of  0.165.  If you take away Holliday's 7-17, the team avg was only 0.138.   For the Catchers, Handley hit in 4 games (1 @ DH) he his 2-14 (0.143) with a double.  4 K and 1 BB.  Hunt was 0-11 with 5 K and 0 BB.   Hunt's numbers don't seem to be carrying over from the PCL league... at least not early on.  It seems he likes to chase the low and outside pitch while watching those right down the middle of the plate.  He just looks to be 'over' trying for power. Handley had some good contact but hard hit right at people.  He did struggle with the Knuckle Ball pitcher on Friday. Still, 1 week and a game in is too early and too small of a sample size but right now, overall Handley is playing better defensively and offensively.  Hunt's lone bright spot was a HR ball on a new pitcher in his first game the week before.
    • It would just be everyone appreciating that he's gone and not appreciating that the DFA didn't happen 15 minutes after his O's debut game ended, so really not much point I suppose.  Catharsis maybe. 
    • I doubt they'll pay him the 11M+ they would owe him this year then 23M for the next two and give up real prospects. I hope they won't at least.
    • I don’t suppose we need a separate appreciation thread for the DFA today?
    • Because he doesn't know how long each inning will be. If he starts, he knows first pitch is at 7:05, but he does not have that luxury when he comes into games, even if he knows what inning he will start. What if he goes through his routine and there's a long inning? What if they have several quick innings and he's not through his routine? Like you said though, this might be moot point, but this has bothered me over the last few years and DeLeon is not the first one they've done this to on occasion.
    • Anything is possible.  I will say that Elias is more likely to wait until he addresses the bullpen before seeking help elsewhere.  A RHH outfielder may also be in Elias' queue, unless Hays goes off on one of his blistering stretches.  A starter would not surprise me either.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now