Orioles trade Cashner to Red Sox

MurphDogg

7 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

Yeah, Cashner needed to be dealt and hopefully a few years from now one or both of these guys are contributing at the big league level.

BTW, the tweet seems misleading to me, saying, "The Dominican Summer League players from the Cashner trade are off to hot starts in the #Orioles organization,"  yet the article goes on to say that Prado has a .791 OPS and Romero has a .653 OPS with their respective DSL Orioles squads. Prado has impressed overall, but Romero has certainly not gotten off to a hot start. I can't help myself when I see something that appears to misrepresent the facts. Then again, I admit I could be missing something. Regardless, I hope to see these young men do well.

You have to factor in that the DSL is a pitching-friendly league (average OPS .697) and Romero plays a defense-first position.   I don’t know that I’d call .653 a “hot start,” but it’s decent for a 17-year old SS in that league.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Looks like the Red Sox have fallen victim to the current state of baseball.  Chris Sale has a stellar K9, BB9 and WHIP and yet his ERA is almost five during that stretch.

While ERod's stats are poor and yet his ERA is the lowest, the only one under 4.

On 8/12/2019 at 7:32 PM, LA2 said:

While ERod's stats are poor and yet his ERA is the lowest, the only one under 4.

4.10 now.  And still a 117 ERA+.  One can argue that his stats are not poor, but average and a little lucky.

Red Sox have a team 4.71 ERA which looks awful.  And it's a 102 ERA+!  That's crazy.

2 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

4.10 now.  And still a 117 ERA+.  One can argue that his stats are not poor, but average and a little lucky.

Red Sox have a team 4.71 ERA which looks awful.  And it's a 102 ERA+!  That's crazy.

In 2014, that 4.71 team ERA would place the Red Sox in dead last in the AL team pitching by 0.14 points.