Adley Rutschman 2019

Greg Pappas

14 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Rutschmann has seen 11 pitches in his eight plate appearances. It must have been killing him waiting so long to get his pro career started because he's been uncharacteristically very aggressive at the plate. 

That isn't true. On Gameday, they don't track individual pitches at the GCL level, so every at-bat shows as either one pitch (ball in play or HBP), three pitches (strikeout), or four pitches (walk).

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

That isn't true. On Gameday, they don't track individual pitches at the GCL level, so every at-bat shows as either one pitch (ball in play or HBP), three pitches (strikeout), or four pitches (walk).

Thanks. Had no idea they didn't track pitches in the lower leagues. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Thanks. Had no idea they didn't track pitches in the lower leagues. 

Everywhere above the GCL they do.

It would be nice to think Prizina got through 6 innings with 9 strikeouts and no walks on 40 pitches, all 40 strikes, as the box score indicates. But somehow I doubt it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AceKing said:

Whatever.  It is Orioles talk to me.

I'm glad to follow Rustchman very closely, but if there is going to be a major league board and a minor league board, then Rutschman belongs on the latter.   I was fine with putting information about his first game on the main board, since the fact that he was finally playing was big news.    But the day in and day out of our minor leaguers belongs on the minors board.

• Upvote 4