vs. DIAMONDBACKS, 7/23

OFFNY

o

Diamondbacks starting pitcher Merrill Kelly was originally drafted out of high school by the Orioles, in the 37th round of the 2007 MLB draft.

He opted for college instead (Yavapai Community College), and was drafted by the Indians in the 22nd round 2 years later in 2009 ........ but he again opted not to sign to remain in college, this time transferring from Yavapai Community to Arizona State. 

One year after that (2010) he was drafted by the D-Rays in the 8th round, this time signing for a $125,000 bonus.

After working his way up to the AAA-level in the 2013 and 2014 seasons, he went to play in Korea from 2015 through 2018, and it resurrected his career ........ he wound up signing a 2-year, $5.5 Million deal with the Diamondbacks this past December, and he has clearly asserted himself as a mainstay in their starting rotation.

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Jonathan Rafael Villar Roque - SS

Trey Mancini - RF

Chance Sisco - C

Renato Nunez - 3B

John Dwight Smith, Jr. - LF

Anthony Santander - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 2B

Dylan Matthew Bundy - RHP )) (4-11, 5.28 ERA)

ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS

Jarrod Dyson - LF

Ketel Ricardo Marte Valdez - CF

Eduardo Escobar - 2B

Christian Dickson "C.D." Walker - 1B

Adam LaMarque Jones - RF

Jacob Ryan "J.R." Lamb - 3B

Nicholas Ahmed - SS

Alexander Avila - C

Kenneth Merrill Kelly - RHP )) (7-9, 3.77 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

I'll try to last longer tonight... Working day shift for a couple weeks, I CRASHED last night. Game at 9:30, I was fast asleep in my chair at my computer by 10! Woke up, turned the TV and computer off and went to bed. Back to a NORMAL schedule next week. :clap: