Chris Davis, 2019

OFFNY

21 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

How is it a compromise? Davis has 100% of the leverage. Regardless they should still permanently bench him and hope that Davis' ego is big enough that he thinks it "might" be worth a buyout so he can try to latch on with someone else to try to prove himself. 

I don't think we disagree all that much. I think himbeing told he's either not going to play or play very rarely is leverage. Have you ever played organized ball. Not playing sucks! Knowing you have to go to the park, travel , and do other activities but aren't going to be used. For most players it would be painful and could hurt his pride....but maybe not

“We’ve had a lot of discussions with him, as well as Mike (Elias) on planning out his offseason and some things we want to see him improve on. We’re continuing to have those,”

So maybe we will see him next spring. 

Quote Hyde courtesy Roch Kubatko. 

42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If he put in all the work maybe replacement level.

He won't do the work. He does not want to.  He is not going anywhere other than home. The Orioles can send a trainer to him if they want. He ain't getting in the house. 

3 minutes ago, weams said:

He won't do the work. He does not want to.  He is not going anywhere other than home. The Orioles can send a trainer to him if they want. He ain't getting in the house. 

I'm not suggesting he would do the work, heck I was leading the he's not doing the work charge.

I was just stating that I think his realistic, no little Yaz universe, ceiling is replacement level.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not suggesting he would do the work, heck I was leading the he's not doing the work charge.

I was just stating that I think his realistic, no little Yaz universe, ceiling is replacement level.

Unless he takes drugs. If he takes drugs I bet he could get good again.