The Death March begins

SteveA

August Death March: What will the Orioles' record be?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How will the Orioles do in the next 22 games, 19 of which are against some of the best teams in MLB?

• 0-22 or 1-21
    • 2-20 or 3-19
    • 4-18
    • 5-17
    • 6-16
    • 7-15
    • 8-14
    • 9-13
    • 10-12
    • 11-11 or better

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/19 at 23:45

1 hour ago, jerios55 said:

1.93 WHIP?

edit: I think I picked 6 wins, doesn't it usually show where you voted?

I think I mistakenly failed to check a box enabling that when I started the poll.  I went back and tried to see if I could edit that bit I couldn't.  

Is there any way the admins could fix it so we could see how we voted?

It is a shame on some levels the way our schedule is this year. The last time we play any meaningful games in terms of the competition will be Sept 2-4 in Tampa. The Dodgers series, home Sept 10-12 doesn’t really matter. I know they will want overall homefield. It doesn’t look like the last series of the year in Boston will matter.

I admit in these kind of seasons I enjoy the spoiler role to an extent. That said I know we are all huge fans and there will be storylines through the end of the year. 

3 hours ago, eddie83 said:

It is a shame on some levels the way our schedule is this year. The last time we play any meaningful games in terms of the competition will be Sept 2-4 in Tampa. The Dodgers series, home Sept 10-12 doesn’t really matter. I know they will want overall homefield. It doesn’t look like the last series of the year in Boston will matter.

I admit in these kind of seasons I enjoy the spoiler role to an extent. That said I know we are all huge fans and there will be storylines through the end of the year. 

I think we'd have made a heckuva one. But, as stated, the schedule won't allow for that. Instead, we'll likely play our way right out of a top 3 draft pick. Which is fine by me.

I still hold out a sliver of hope that Boston will somehow rally to be tenuously clinging to the 2nd wild card slot, so that we'll have a chance to send them home crying in their (chicken and) beer one more time.

6 minutes ago, Curse of the Bamdino said:

I think we'd have made a heckuva one. But, as stated, the schedule won't allow for that. Instead, we'll likely play our way right out of a top 3 draft pick. Which is fine by me.

I still hold out a sliver of hope that Boston will somehow rally to be tenuously clinging to the 2nd wild card slot, so that we'll have a chance to send them home crying in their (chicken and) beer one more time.

You never know. I think they are done. 

I still think it will be hard to overtake KC. Yes, our schedule is weak in September but the teams playing us are for the most part stilll better than we are.  

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Still not gaining ground on Detroit. What they’ve done is quite impressive. They have 13 wins since June began. 

Also after they play the Mariners,the toughest part of their schedule begins.Rays,Astros, Twins, Indians, Twins again,Royals,A's and Yankees.After that, four against the Orioles. Be difficult to get the first pick.Looks like second to perhaps fourth. 

On 8/13/2019 at 6:39 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

Still not gaining ground on Detroit. What they’ve done is quite impressive. They have 13 wins since June began. 

I was wrong on that. Last ten we’re 1-9, they are 3-6. 

Det 37-83

Bal 39-84  1.5GB

.317 Winning %. On pace for 53-111

Edited by sportsfan8703

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I was wrong on that. Last ten we’re 1-9, they are 3-6. 

Det 37-83

Bal 39-84  1.5GB

.317 Winning %. On pace for 53-111

Tigers death march has begun.Play many playoff contenders. Have held their own against the Rays.Held Rays  to one run in 23 innings but managed only to split those two games