There have been a lot of good developments this year

Frobby

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, atomic said:

What does that have to do with anything I posted.

The point was that even if he’s not great he was free. I see that point, but I also see yours. I would probably rather have Mancini as a dedicated DH and someone good on defense at first base. However, Mountcastle’s defense is apparently Not praiseworthy either.

9 hours ago, atomic said:

I agree with first 6.  I dont think Nunez has proved anything. .795 OPS .317 OBP from a DH isnt proving much to me.  

He has a positive WAR and almost 30 homeruns as a 25 year old that hasnt started every game - do you want him to ascend from heaven and grant you three wishes to prove to you he has value?

4 minutes ago, TheOtherRipken said:

He has a positive WAR and almost 30 homeruns as a 25 year old that hasnt started every game - do you want him to ascend from heaven and grant you three wishes to prove to you he has value?

What you value in players I dont.  Ihe has over 500 plate appearances so he is pretty much an everyday player.  I gave reasons why I dont see value in him. A DH only with a .317 OBP isnt cutting it for me.  

You would think after Davis and Trumbo signings people would stop over valuing home runs.

9 hours ago, atomic said:

I agree with first 6.  I dont think Nunez has proved anything. .795 OPS .317 OBP from a DH isnt proving much to me.  

I tend to agree about Nunez, but you citing his .795 OPS (that’s good) pokes a hole in your argument.

16 minutes ago, atomic said:

What you value in players I dont.  Ihe has over 500 plate appearances so he is pretty much an everyday player.  I gave reasons why I dont see value in him. A DH only with a .317 OBP isnt cutting it for me.  

You would think after Davis and Trumbo signings people would stop over valuing home runs.

There’s a reason I listed Núñez last.   I agree he’s nothing amazing.   But he has exceeded my expectations.   So I consider that a good development.

56 minutes ago, atomic said:

Because the Nunez signing is a lot like those of Davis and Trumbo.

8 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Incorrect. OPS doesn’t adjust for positional value, WAR does. Btw, 1.6 bWAR, 1.0 fWAR.

What are you talking about.  A .795 OPS is good for a middle infielder.  Not good for a DH.   Ozzie Smith is HOFer with .a 666 OPS.  A DH with that OPS is going to be unemployed.

Archived