Tony’s Take pre-2019. Wow Tony you nailed it!

Pat Kelly

While I understand the desire to drop salary while rebuilding, it’s a tough pill to swallow that you couldn’t get any of the top prospects from a deep Atlanta system for two and half years of Gausman?

You have to wonder if it wasn’t obvious to both clubs that Gausman just wasn’t very good.

9 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Gausman WAR after his trade, shows his lack of ability to compete at the MLB, he has tools.

Gausman has had some pretty good years.    He certainly disappointed this year, and I haven’t followed him closely enough to know all the reasons why.   But let’s not pretend he wasn’t a competitive major league pitcher before now.   

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Gausman has had some pretty good years.    He certainly disappointed this year, and I haven’t followed him closely enough to know all the reasons why.   But let’s not pretend he wasn’t a competitive major league pitcher before now.   

He is still throwing in the upper 90's.  If Gausman was non-tendered he would be a free agent pitcher they should try to sign cheap to a 1 year deal.  He seemed to like pitching for the Orioles and would be a project to see if the new information could help him.

I always learn from Tony's take on the team and was a fan of Pat Kelly and would have been glad to hear one of his sermons, but...I really don't see what was nailed here aside from the obvious. It was written too long before various moves that turned out to be very consequential for the 2019 season.

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yes he did, just didnt live up to the hype, and I forgot his first season with them was only a couple of months.

12 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think when he was drafted they said he had a major league ready fastball and change-up he just needed to develop a third pitch. I think DD said all you need to be successful in big leagues was FB and Change and rushed him up.  

58 minutes ago, atomic said:

I think when he was drafted they said he had a major league ready fastball and change-up he just needed to develop a third pitch. I think DD said all you need to be successful in big leagues was FB and Change and rushed him up.  

Gausman has the physical tools to do the job.

His head is a mess, and it gets the better of him.

Not the first pitcher to have this type of issue.