Wojo's Future with the O's?

Bahama O's Fan

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

But you're pretty certain that Aaron Brooks of the worse everything is going to make it?

Brooks has pitched to a 3.62 ERA over the last 6 weeks of the season.  That was after stretching him out in the rotation which is probably why his numbers are bad overall.

Wojo did well in  July (3.60 ERA), was bad in August (6.75 ERA) and had an OK Sept (4.44 ERA).   Does that  require a roster spot to keep him in the organization  or could they DFA him and sign him to a minor league contract with a invite to ST?

Neither guy has options so Elias is spending at least 555k when you sign either guy.  If he is DFA and not picked by another team on their MLB roster.

I am still considering that.  The answer may be in how many slots on the 40 man roster Elias wants for the Rule 5 draft.

Wojo is out of options. 

Wojo has been Designated previously. 

He would become a Free Agent if he clears waivers. 

So the question would be as to his value as a fifth starter/MiLB signing by the other 29 ball clubs.  With his showing this year and his lack of cost (not Arb Eligible until 2021) several teams my be in on him.  Can the Orioles find a comparable replacement for the same cost??

4 hours ago, thezeroes said:

So the question would be as to his value as a fifth starter/MiLB signing by the other 29 ball clubs.  With his showing this year and his lack of cost (not Arb Eligible until 2021) several teams my be in on him.  Can the Orioles find a comparable replacement for the same cost??

No. He is worth keeping.