As The Ravens Soar Will The Orioles Adjust Their Timeline?

section18

As the Ravens continue to improve and add key players to their team they appear to be inching towards another Super Bowl run.  They may be the best team in the NFL with only San Francisco, Houston and Seattle close to matching them. 

Should Elias and Orioles ownership speed their timeline and start adding some pieces that can turn their losing ways around. I'm not talking about expensive free agents but a few easy to sign to one or two year deal players like Mike Moustakas with 35 HR'S who played on another one year contract last year for I believe eleven million dollars. Sign him to a two year deal for twenty four million and add another big bat to the lineup and third baseman who won't embarrass  us in the field.

Add another starter like Zack Wheeler or Jake Odorizzi to our rotation. Both 29 and RHP.

Add a middle infielder like Jose Iglesias for SS for probably $3 to 4 million per year and two middle relievers Daniel Hudson and Will Harris and things could improve considerably.

Orioles fans are so use to losing that some key additions to go with our young players being added in 2020 could see us improve to possibly 70 wins that fans would be supportive of I believe.

The Ravens are the talk of the town and everyone is on the Lamar bandwagon.  Will he take us to another Super Bowl?

The Orioles need to keep up and have the money. Will they start to add a few young veterans to their roster and established arms to their pen to start being competitive again?

• Confused 2

Nope. When the Orioles put a good team on the field the fans will follow. This can’t be rushed. 

Speaking of the Ravens, perhaps the most exciting team in franchise history and I keep seeing ads from the Ravens for tickets for sale. Not that many years ago they were all gone before the season started.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Nope. When the Orioles put a good team on the field the fans will follow. This can’t be rushed. 

Speaking of the Ravens, perhaps the most exciting team in franchise history and I keep seeing ads from the Ravens for tickets for sale. Not that many years ago they were all gone before the season started.  

But hundreds of more fans might attend games.

• Upvote 1

Nope.  Not even a little bit.

Better question is should Os fans just sit back and enjoy this football team while the mlb offseason is ongoing.  Appreciate how fortunate we are to have an MVP candidate at QB and one of the best offenses in football so far.   Be thankful for what the Baltimore fanbase has right now....and not dwell on what we do not.

It's quite good for you....i recommend it.  The orioles need to worry about their mlb competition.   If they are worried about the ravens then their eye isnt really on the prize.  Fortunately i think Elias is too smart to fall for any such distraction. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

While the Ravens attendance is still strong they like most NFL teams struggle to sell out now. And the really bad teams like the Bengals and Dolphins, you see thousands of empty seats on game day. 

Good replies but I did not say to sign any expensive free agents. I suggested filling in as Elias suggested on last weeks Hot Stove show the need for an experienced middle infielder (Iglesias), starting pitching (Wheeler or Odorizzi) and relief pitching Hudson and Harris.  None of them will break the bank but will solve his needs. Most of these players will probably get 1 year or 2 year deals. The starters I named may push for 3 years but I would stay away from any requiring more than 2 years since we have a number of young starters moving up soon. 70 wins is obtainable with a few additions. How many games did our pen blow last season.  Givens alone cost us probably 8 or more games and the rest of the pen others. I think most of us would be happy if we reached 70 in 2020.

1 hour ago, section18 said:

Good replies but I did not say to sign any expensive free agents. I suggested filling in as Elias suggested on last weeks Hot Stove show the need for an experienced middle infielder (Iglesias), starting pitching (Wheeler or Odorizzi) and relief pitching Hudson and Harris.  None of them will break the bank but will solve his needs. Most of these players will probably get 1 year or 2 year deals. The starters I named may push for 3 years but I would stay away from any requiring more than 2 years since we have a number of young starters moving up soon. 70 wins is obtainable with a few additions. How many games did our pen blow last season.  Givens alone cost us probably 8 or more games and the rest of the pen others. I think most of us would be happy if we reached 70 in 2020.

The 3 pitchers you suggested all have draft pick compensation tied to them. 

Giving up picks is a surefire way to ensure 14 years of losing.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, section18 said:

As the Ravens continue to improve and add key players to their team they appear to be inching towards another Super Bowl run.  They may be the best team in the NFL with only San Francisco, Houston and Seattle close to matching them. 

Should Elias and Orioles ownership speed their timeline and start adding some pieces that can turn their losing ways around. I'm not talking about expensive free agents but a few easy to sign to one or two year deal players like Mike Moustakas with 35 HR'S who played on another one year contract last year for I believe eleven million dollars. Sign him to a two year deal for twenty four million and add another big bat to the lineup and third baseman who won't embarrass  us in the field.

Add another starter like Zack Wheeler or Jake Odorizzi to our rotation. Both 29 and RHP.

Add a middle infielder like Jose Iglesias for SS for probably $3 to 4 million per year and two middle relievers Daniel Hudson and Will Harris and things could improve considerably.

Orioles fans are so use to losing that some key additions to go with our young players being added in 2020 could see us improve to possibly 70 wins that fans would be supportive of I believe.

The Ravens are the talk of the town and everyone is on the Lamar bandwagon.  Will he take us to another Super Bowl?

The Orioles need to keep up and have the money. Will they start to add a few young veterans to their roster and established arms to their pen to start being competitive again?

No. They won't. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1