Beyond the Top 30: Other prospects to watch

Luke-OH

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I am surprised Mason McCoy didn't make the top 30.  I guess it is because of his age.  I could still seeing him contribute as utility infielder.  

He struggles with velocity, it’s not the kind of bat speed you’d normally expect from a MLB player. So it’s utility ceiling.

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

@Luke-OH

Which DSL guys to you see us bringing over for the start of 2020?  Or is do we pretty much have to wait for ST and see who is in camp?

I think the predictions earlier in the thread are as good as any I’ll make.

Prado seems to be the best bet of the young guys as he has a mature game from what I’ve read.

Luis Ortiz will be stateside for extended spring training, which is exciting, although he’ll most likely still pitch in the DSL.

• Upvote 1

Between LRodriguez, Lyons and Hammer, I wasn't sure if the Aberdeen team last year should have been playing baseball,  basketball or football.  And I know I am missing at least one other talk player on that team.  Stowers looked like a shrimp on that team.

36 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

Between LRodriguez, Lyons and Hammer, I wasn't sure if the Aberdeen team last year should have been playing baseball,  basketball or football.  And I know I am missing at least one other talk player on that team.  Stowers looked like a shrimp on that team.

Litscher is 6'8" and Stauffer is 6'7". I think you may be confusing Hammer for one of those guys as Hammer is "only" 6'2".

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Litscher is 6'8" and Stauffer is 6'7". I think you may be confusing Hammer for one of those guys as Hammer is "only" 6'2".

I remember the team being very, very tall.  I looked up some pictures and the guy who I thought was Dan Hammer is someone else - big guy, buy not sure who.

14 hours ago, ScGO's said:

What's up with Lamar Sparks.  He didn't really do anything in the GCL this year.  4 extra base hits at age 20?  Anything there?

He had a torn Lat if I remember correctly, came back and just didn’t produce, the old player development team loved the tools, hard to tell if his athletic ability has taken a step back or what.