Luke's 2019 Rule 5 Draft Preference List

Luke-OH

2 hours ago, Philip said:

Is Tom comparable to Rickard?

In that they both are the top available position player if you only scout the stat-line, yes.

I perfer Tom though, he’s overlooked because he’s a really short guy (for a baseball player) who isn’t fast and only recently developed power. 

Rickard was overlooked because his swing sucked. (Which to his credit he improved)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Philip said:

Gosh, folks, after tomorrow afternoon, what the hell are we going to talk about until March?

Dan Connolly will probably suggest the O's traded back in the Rule 5 draft for budgetary reasons. 

That should be a 6-8 page thread.

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

Gosh, folks, after tomorrow afternoon, what the hell are we going to talk about until March?

Today is a halfway point, of sorts. 

73 days ago the Orioles ended their 2019 season in Boston, with the last out recorded by an Oriole pitcher for the season coming on Stevie Wilkerson's incredible catch in RF.

73 days from today they take the field at Atlanta's new spring training ballpark in North Port for the first exhibition game of the new decade.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It is not as if some of us here don't believe that Elias is working with a very limited budget.  I'm just glad they spent all their draft money.

Fair enough but this article on the Cozart trade just seemed to be going out of his way to find an issue that didn't exist.

Nothing suggest Elias valued the prospect or wanted to pursue the trade the Giants made. 

Elias strikes me as someone who is very truthful with his comments, maybe even more so than he should. But his comment was not worthy of an article questioning whether he had authority to make a deal, in my opinion.

I'm new here. Tell me if I'm wrong. And I have every confidence that you will.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Philip said:

We got:

@Moose Milligan mocking the R5 choices and fallout ad infinitum

Bullpen coach

Villar's arbitration figure and @Roll Tide's followup

Mancini's arbitration figure

FA starter signings

Cobb's newest injury

Hunter Harvey's condition

Austin Hayes' condition

International money not used

Davis Davis Davis

@Frobby's polls

@Luke's commentary 

to name a few subjects

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The O’s traded international slot money to pick in the Phillies’ spot last year.   It’s usually cash or slots.

Are you sure?  The way I recall it was the Phillies made the pick and traded the player to the Orioles for the International slots plus the $100,000 Rule 5 fee.  Do I have that wrong?

17 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Is he a friend of yours?

Or a fan of yours? ?

I don’t know him, but especially with 2080baseball not doing a Rule 5 preview this year, his is the only comparable Rule 5 Draft preview in the public domain. He’s been doing it for a lot longer than me and he has sources, so it’s a solid measuring stick for my work on the subject.

• Upvote 1