Now use it to recalculate WAR

weams

1 minute ago, atomic said:

I think all these summary stats are ruining the game. I prefer to watch the player and make my own opinions.    

That's what I say about medicine.  I prefer to take a look at someone and declare that they have The Consumption, or have been overcome by the vapors, rather than rely on some newfangled "test" that gives us hard information on what's up and how to treat it.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

That's what I say about medicine.  I prefer to take a look at someone and declare that they have The Consumption, or have been overcome by the vapors, rather than rely on some newfangled "test" that gives us hard information on what's up and how to treat it.

It makes discussing any of this boring.  You just stat WAR or this stat and we have nothing left to discuss as anyone can look up the information.  Really baseball talk has become incredibly boring.  No one mentions batting average anymore or strike outs by batters.  It is just WAR WAR WAR.  

18 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

Manny at -2 ?

That's surprising.  Having not watched Manny last season, maybe he regressed or had an off year, but honestly it makes me question the validity of this stat and how it's computed.

21 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

Manny at -2 ?

1 minute ago, esmd said:

That's surprising.  Having not watched Manny last season, maybe he regressed or had an off year, but honestly it makes me question the validity of this stat and how it's computed.

He did play 37 games at short.  Maybe that had an impact.