Could Pittsburgh use Mullins

weams

45 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You really seem to form impressions and give up on guys quickly.   2019 was a disaster for Mullins but I won’t be shocked if he rebounds.    

I’m not giving up on anybody, why did you think that I had. What I said is completely true. And what I also said was that he still with the team and on the 40 man because they haven’t given up on them. There was no justification for inferring Otherwise.

However, I am quite confident that Pittsburgh has no special interest in Mullins.

@Frobby

Consider this:  if Mullins were currently a free agent, freely available to any team, most teams would sign him, because he still has potential. But no team would give him a major league contract. If the Orioles signed him, He might get a minor league contract with a spring training invite. That’s where I consider him to be at this time.

Nobody will trade for him, although he might be a useful throw in, but at the same time nobody is giving up on him completely yet, And I did not imply otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Philip said:

@Frobby

Consider this:  if Mullins were currently a free agent, freely available to any team, most teams would sign him, because he still has potential. But no team would give him a major league contract. If the Orioles signed him, He might get a minor league contract with a spring training invite. That’s where I consider him to be at this time.

Nobody will trade for him, although he might be a useful throw in, but at the same time nobody is giving up on him completely yet, And I did not imply otherwise.

Why is he on the 40 man then?  

11 minutes ago, weams said:

He’s on our 40 man because he hasn’t been removed, And there are several guys who would be moved before him.

If he were being brought into the team organization, he would not be, But he is there right now, and there’s no harm in him remaining there for now.

My point remains that he has no trade value: Even if he were free, no team would add him to their 40-man, but we have him, he’s on ours, and we haven’t given up on him yet.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

When Wilkerson is plan B does Mullins even count as plan D?

I'm not a fan of these types of disingenuous posts. You know full well that Mullins was actually plan A, who then struggled so badly that he was demoted all the way to Bowie. You also know full well that when a player is demoted that far, the organization wants him to work on things and earn his way back into the picture. At that point he's not a plan D or any kind of plan. He's just on hold indefinitely until he proves otherwise, which, sure, he may not ever. The fact that Wilkerson was in CF is a direct result of Mullins failing, Hays being injured, etc. 

Re: Pittsburgh, they could offer us some cash for him or something, but it's smarter for the O's to just hang onto him as long as he's not blocking anyone and see what happens. As long as he shows some above average defensive skills, he'll be kicking around, as he would in any organization. At least until he opts for minor league free agency or is logjamming the OF.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

As long as he shows some above average defensive skills, he'll be kicking around, as he would in any organization. At least until he opts for minor league free agency or is logjamming the OF.

I understood that he could not throw. Is that kinda true? I mean he can probably throw better than me. 

26 minutes ago, weams said:

Why do you keep asking questions that you already know the answer to? 

He's on the 40 man because the CF depth in the organization is poor, the organization wants to see if he bounces back to his original prospect status, and there are other players who can be DFA'd for the time being. His time is coming, sure, but he's a quick emergency defensive CF if you need one. 

This thread is weird. 

Just now, weams said:

I understood that he could not throw. Is that kinda true? I mean he can probably throw better than me. 

The arm's not good. Doesn't really matter. He can run down balls and the prospect pedigree was there not too long ago. It's worth another year to find out, and then we'll really have a good idea of if he's just truly lost it. 

Just now, interloper said:

I'm not a fan of these types of disingenuous posts. You know full well that Mullins was actually plan A, who then struggled so badly that he was demoted all the way to Bowie. You also know full well that when a player is demoted that far, the organization wants him to work on things and earn his way back into the picture. At that point he's not a plan D or any kind of plan. He's just on hold indefinitely until he proves otherwise, which, sure, he may not ever.

Re: Pittsburgh, they could offer us some cash for him or something, but it's smarter for the O's to just hang onto him as long as he's not blocking anyone and see what happens. As long as he shows some above average defensive skills, he'll be kicking around, as he would in any organization. At least until he opts for minor league free agency or is logjamming the OF.

Nothing wrong with my post.  When you, a CF, get sent down and replaced with a utility infielder I have doubts if you will ever get another chance.  When you don't get a September callup, after getting one the year prior and being on the OD roster, I have doubts if you will ever get another chance.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Why do you keep asking questions that you already know the answer to? 

From wiki:

The Socratic method (also known as method of Elenchus, elenctic method, or Socratic debate), is a form of cooperative argumentative dialogue between individuals, based on asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking and to draw out ideas and underlying presuppositions.