O's claim Travis Lakins, DFA Stevie Wilkerson

interloper

8 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

So with the constant changes, I'm not sure I know 25% of the 40 man roster.  Is there a thread or link that keeps this up to date?

edit: http://m.orioles.mlb.com/bal/roster/40-man/

Still has Wilkerson (that would be pretty fast).  I don't see a date though....mostly up to date?

It's just one day out of date.   It has us getting Valaika and DFA'ing Kline.   So all it's missing is Lakins/Wilkerson.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

It's just one day out of date.   It has us getting Valaika and DFA'ing Kline.   So all it's missing is Lakins/Wilkerson.

Yeah, thanks to you both.  I just didn't see a date on the page.  It's really rapid fire these days.

I might go an make a cheat sheet on how we got some of these guys (waiver pickups, Rule V...) I know some but despite following here a decent bit, I'm getting the "Who are these f****ing guys" feeling right now.

057bf2ec-59ef-4e6c-88fb-fe9d794a275a_scr

edit: it didn't block my f-word....is that normal, I thought it would filter.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

CF options for the O's in 2019:

Hays
McKenna (doesn't appear ready but works in a pinch)
Mullins (will need to play himself back into consideration unless it's an emergency situation)
Williams (not on 40-man but could crack the roster with a nice spring)

I'm more than fine with Wilkerson not being an option, but I do think the organization could use another CF possibility. They've played Stewart and Santander out there, so they're available in a pinch. But I'd want to see one more guy in camp, even if it's just a guy on a minor league deal.

I like this pickup. Just looking at his statcast numbers he's got above average spin rate on his fastball and plus spin on his curveball. Needs to ditch that cutter though that can hit around. 

Wasn't hit that badly in his debut and looks like a serviceable middle relief arm at worse. Defiantly better than some current bullpen options. 

If Orioles can make him a fastball, curveball guy they could have a solid 6th-7th inning guy.

1 hour ago, jerios55 said:

So with the constant changes, I'm not sure I know 25% of the 40 man roster.  Is there a thread or link that keeps this up to date?

edit: http://m.orioles.mlb.com/bal/roster/40-man/

Still has Wilkerson (that would be pretty fast).  I don't see a date though....mostly up to date?

I maintain this frequently.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

DFA a low spin rate pitcher(Kline) for a high spin rate pitcher(Lakins). 

Mason Williams is here if we lose Wilkerson.

Elias is working the waiver wire. That’s now 15/40 of the 40 man roster that have been acquired by Elias from outside the organization since Elias has been here. 

What was Stevie's spin rate? We've lost that.

• Haha 1