Does anyone have time to build the spring training tracker?

Tony-OH

I will try to get to this but have a bunch of things to do, but major reputation points for anyone who can build the 2020 Spring training Tracker this year in it's own thread.

Even if you don't want to add in the comments for each player, just having all the names built would help. Here's last year's:

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

If no one has started on it by 8PM tonight, I'll do it then.

Where do you find out which guys on the 40 man roster have options left?   Because that's a useful piece of information.

Thanks Steve. No need to get too fancy if you don't want to. Most important thing is to give us once place to discuss each player's performance during the spring! If you follow the format of last year that would be perfect.

• Thanks 1

A thought occurred to me.  What if you made a subforum here in this section, call it the Spring Training Tracker and then different posters can adopt a player or two to keep adding news items to the thread.  

This way, it's not on one poster (SteveA) and the staff members.  Staff members would be able to edit all of the threads in the sub-forum, but now each poster who started a thread can add/edit things to them as well.  Another bonus is that each player has a thread, so people will know where to go to talk about one player.  

Additionally, if a couple volunteers wanted to, they could have moderator access just in that forum to help facilitate updates as well.  

Just a thought.  

8 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

A thought occurred to me.  What if you made a subforum here in this section, call it the Spring Training Tracker and then different posters can adopt a player or two to keep adding news items to the thread.  

This way, it's not on one poster (SteveA) and the staff members.  Staff members would be able to edit all of the threads in the sub-forum, but now each poster who started a thread can add/edit things to them as well.  Another bonus is that each player has a thread, so people will know where to go to talk about one player.  

Additionally, if a couple volunteers wanted to, they could have moderator access just in that forum to help facilitate updates as well.  

Just a thought.  

Appreciate the thoughts but are you usually able to keep it updated daily. It forces me to follow everyone on top of it so it's a good mechanism to help keep the staff informed. Saying that, posters are always able to post updates within the thread and in fact, that becomes very helpful.