Eve Rosenbaum blazing a new path in the O's front office

Absltgreek

4 hours ago, JimGinSP said:

Great stories, but It made me think... if she’s truly been an O’s fan all her life and a SABR member since 13... who is she HERE.  ?  Good chance season ticket holder Dad knows the OH as well!   Eve, we want you to do a good job and live our dreams too!

I'd almost guarantee someone(s) in the organization were looking here, checking out the great stuff Luke S. posted. "We gotta hire this guy!"

16 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

As a Baltimore City College HS grad now in Arlington with a Nats fan wife and a 4-year old who was counting balls and strikes last World Series that I'm not yet sure how he's going to turn out, I do feel a keen sense of gratitude and appreciation for those in the DC Metro area who grew up with and have stuck with the O's. 

I can't place specific memories before my Age-6 season, and hope 2 years is enough for Adley etc. to outgrow Scherzer/Strasburg for those key formative years, plus I can't even help myself but to like "Enormous Problem in this Area" Juan Soto a little bit too.  He just looks too much like Eddie in the box (as does Adley) for the banked childhood affinities in my reptile brain to really resist.

So thanks Eve, and....do a good job, do a good job, do a good job.

My kid didn’t even know DC had a team until he was 7 or 8.  He thought people were wearing Walgreens hats ?
I couldn’t have been prouder.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, atomic said:

In what way. She had dark eyes and he has light eyes. Different face shape, different complexion, different nose shape. That is like saying Manny Machado looks like John Means.

No they have the same face the same complexion the same nose is near as I can tell. I can’t see her eyes and I don’t remember his

Her role sounds hugely important:

"What that means is that our research and development department - which Sig did a great job over the past year adding some really smart people and they are digging into the numbers and building models and building projections - my job is to talk to them to find out what they’ve learned in that research and make sure we are using their research when we are signing players or acquiring players via trade or on the waiver wire. Making sure that the research being done by all these smart analysts actually leaves the research and development room and is applied to the decisions we make on a daily basis when we sign or acquire players."