O's at Nationals 3-3

scOtt

Rucker in to pitch.

Melewski says fastball curve slider change.  FB 91-94 though he just hit 95 with one, striking out Michael A. Taylor.

Then he hits 96 to the next batter, who flies out to Diaz in CF.

Turner hits a liner to deep CF, Diaz runs it down.  Great inning for Rucker.

Hard throwing Hunter Strickland on for Nats in 5th.

Santander called out on strikes, inside corner, didn't like the call.

Davis flies to left.

Base hit to left for Mountcastle.

Iglesias ground ball base hit up the middle.  He's 3 for 3.  Mou tcastle just beat the throw to 3rd, would have been a huge mistake to make the 3rd out at 3B.

Martin pinch runs for Iglesias.  

Rio flies out to center.

Still Rucker in the 5th.

Stevenson (who came on for Adam Eaton in the 2nd inning in RF for some reason), singles to right.

After RIo makes a nice play to get a groundout (runner to 2nd), Soto draws a walk.   We can't get him out today.

Kendrick flies out to Diaz in CF, Stevenson to 3rd.

Soto steals 2nd.

Rucker strikes out Asrubal Cabrera to end the inning.  5-3 going to 6th.

Nats make some defensive changes including our old friend Welington Castillo in to catch.

Tanner Rainey in to pitch.

Severino smashes a line drive to 3rd, Keiboom snags it to rob him of a hit.

Mason WIlliams drops a single into RF.

Ball got away from Castillo, Mason WIlliams broke for 2nd, and Welington got to the ball and threw Williams out easily.   That's 2 outs on the basepaths today.

Yusniel Diaz draws his 4th walk of the spring.

Hanser hits a monster fly to deep CF, Michael A Taylor makes a great leaping catch crashing into the wall and came down with the ball to rob Hanser of a game tying HR.   Taylor was down on the ground for a 2nd but appears OK.

Cody Carroll in.

Also:  Mason McCoy at 2B for Alberto;  Jose Rondon at 1B for Davis;  Mullins for Davis in CF;  Holoday at C for Pedro,

Carter Kieboom single past the diving Richie Martin at SS.

Carroll Ks Michael A Taylor on a 96 MPH fastball.

Nice 4-6-3 (McCoy-Martin-Rondon DP to end the inning).

Another ex-Oriole in the lineup for Washington -- Brandon Snyder at first base.   He's got to be well into his 30s?

Kyle Finnegan on to pitch for Washington.

Rutschman pinch hits for DH Santander and strikes out.  Adley still hitless this spring, and the clock is probably ticking on him going to minor league camp without getting a hit.

Rondon pops out.

Mountcastle hits a hard one back to the mound, pitcher makes a good play.

5-3, bottom 7th,

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Saturday's game was epically bad and not the type of loss a team on the upswing into the playoffs would suffer and one that I certainly hate to witness. I couldn't watch most of the game Sunday, but I wouldn't DVR it and then peek at the score either, I don't think that I would ever watch if I knew the outcome of a game in advance. The surprise elation (Gunnar's bases loaded double) and the agony of the non-send and inability to hit a sac fly is what keeps me coming back, old fool that I am.
    • Predicting what the attendance will do next year is like predicting Hurrican season in January.  There are so many outside factors that it is just a guess.  How will they finish the year, how much will the spend in the offseason, how many corporations want to get ticket plans,   how is the economy in 6 months, how do they play next season what teams we play and when, will teams like Red Sox, Yankees and big draws play well.   I also think one of the biggest factors is what corporations want to sponsor give aways and what time of promotions will they run.  If you look at attendance some of the largest attendance games minus the Phillies, Yankees games are for the best giveaway souvenirs.  
    • I’m a big supporter of Brandon Hyde, but the last game against Detroit I think he made a mistake. Second and third, nobody out….I would have had mullins bunt. He’s a good bunter, and with holiday at third I think that’s walk off. 
    • So I guess Ohtani decided he was bored this year since he wasn’t pitching or playing the field, and decided to steal bases just to have something else to do besides hit.  
    • I’d say maybe they would have reached 2013 levels (2.357 mm), which would have been about another 76,000 fans.  I seriously doubt they would have reached 2014 (2.464 mm, another 183,000 fans).   
    • Great point. You are right Frobby. It wouldn't have been quite as bad if the Orioles dropped these series and they had to face Skubal both times but to be fortune enough not to get him either time and still lose 4 of 6 was even more disheartening. 
    • Pretty much exactly what I am thinking.  I even had to cut back on my watching the games because the frustration was killing me.  Now I save all games on DVR and peek at the score if it is safe to watch.  This is odd because when the Orioles suck and they are far below .500 I watch every single game.  Sometimes every single inning of the year.   Crazy if the Orioles had STARTED the year sucking and had to spend the last two months in an amazing race to catch up for a chance for the playoffs we would all be thrilled.   But end the season on a three month skid of misery and the same playoff spot just feels empty.  
  • Popular Contributors