O's at Nationals 3-3

scOtt

I'll start the thread just for the halibut. No TV, I'll only have Gameday.

For the Orioles
Hanser Alberto 2B
Anthony Santander DH
Chris Davis 1B
Ryan Mountcastle LF
José Iglesias SS
Rio Ruiz 3B
Pedro Severino C
Mason Williams RF
Yusniel Diaz CF

Ty Blach LHP

For the Nationals
Trey Turner SS
Adam Eaton RF
Starlin Castro 2B
Juan Soto LF
Howie Kendrick DH
Asdrúbal Cabrera 3B
Kurt Suzuki C
Michael A. Taylor CF
Jake Noll 1B

Max Scherzer RHP :eek:

The pitchers listed today behind left-hander Ty Blach include Cody Carroll, Miguel Castro, Paul Fry, Michael Rucker, Dillon Tate and Cristian Alvarado.

5 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Really odd to have Mason Williams in right and Diaz in center. Feels like a mistake, wouldn't be surprised if that was swapped. Especially with Mountcastle in left.

Man, Diaz flashed some serious speed yesterday vs Tampa.  I was certainly impressed.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Man, Diaz flashed some serious speed yesterday vs Tampa.  I was certainly impressed.

Yeah, he is playable in center in a pinch, certainly moreso than Stevie Wilkerson. But he has only played 11 games in center with Bowie, compared to 82 games in right.

Elias in the booth.  Is happy with Iglesias, leadership with younger players, brings stability to the infield.

And Iglesias responds with a base hit.

Melewski mentions Ruiz is 10/15 this spring and Elias pretty much dismisses spring stats.  Players are being evaluated by coaches, by scouts, and by technology much more than by spring stats.

Rio strikes out.

Elias talks about rolling out technology across the organization. "we want our pitchers throw the best possible pitch at every point in the count and this technology helps them do that".  We are still catching up with other teams.  Ability to track and measure will make us better at our jobs as coaches.

Pedro reaches on a force.

Scherzer strikes out Mason Williams.

• Upvote 1