MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Not that I particularly know of. All our restaurants are carry-out only. Here in the boonies... I don't know about Philly or Pittsburgh or the other bigger cities.

I saw this:

Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf directed all “non-life-sustaining” businesses to close their physical locations late Thursday and said state government would begin to enforce the edict starting early Saturday.

https://www.theintelligencer.net/news/top-headlines/2020/03/pennsylvania-gov-tom-wolfs-business-lockdown-draws-questions-complaints/

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I saw this:

Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf directed all “non-life-sustaining” businesses to close their physical locations late Thursday and said state government would begin to enforce the edict starting early Saturday.

https://www.theintelligencer.net/news/top-headlines/2020/03/pennsylvania-gov-tom-wolfs-business-lockdown-draws-questions-complaints/

As long as the Beer Shed and grocery stores stay open I'm good. And the convenience store where I buy tobacco.

7 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I saw this:

Among those allowed to stay open are gas stations, grocery stores, beer distributors, drugstores and building materials stores. Restaurants and bars can continue to offer carry-out, delivery and drive-thru food and drink service, but not dine-in service.

:D

6 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

Sorry, but I will not pay to read the news.

Weird I didn't get the paywall before but I am getting it now.  Basically scenario for US and UK that if we don't do anything to prevent spread Healthcare system will be able to serve 1 out of 30 people.  If we do total shutdown healthcare system will be able to serve 1 out of 8 people and we will have two peaks.  One for the next 3 months and the a month break and then another 3 month peak

2 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

Weed dispensaries are considered a 'life-sustaining' business, is it not?

Venture out and you can kill 2 birds with one stoner.

KHJA7.gif 

May the stoners might be the only ones to survive this thing.  They can collect their unemployment checks and stay home and watch TV and get pizza delivery.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Even in the event of a “total shutdown,” my place of employment would be open.

Hooray. ?

Someone's gotta pick up the food, er, garbage.  ?

zxtwuv_dea131d330d0dfcd993e32109deca4a93

source.gif

My dilemma is, do I watch Soylent Green or the Omega Man tonight?

Rand Paul has coronavirus.  He was working out at Senate Gym yesterday with other senators near by.  Why wouldn’t they have closed the Gym?  I am guessing this will take out quite a few senators.

Saw garden store in the city packed with people. We are doomed.  Also bike stores and outdoor stores with tons of cars in the parking lot. I am not sure why people aren’t taking this seriously. But I think we will be worst hit country in the end.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Rand Paul has coronavirus.  He was working out at Senate Gym yesterday with other senators near by.  Why wouldn’t they have closed the Gym?  I am guessing this will take out quite a few senators.

Saw garden store in the city packed with people. We are doomed.  Also bike stores and outdoor stores with tons of cars in the parking lot. I am not sure why people aren’t taking this seriously. But I think we will be worst hit country in the end.

You wonder why his neighbor and he had a tussle a couple years back?

17 minutes ago, UpstateNYfan said:

You wonder why his neighbor and he had a tussle a couple years back?

You mean when he was attacked by his neighbor?  The man went to jail for felony assault, I don't think the word tussle is appropriate.

If I were to blindside tackle you when you were mowing your lawn resulting in six broken ribs and you needing surgery for injuries received would you call it a tussle?

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You mean when he was attacked by his neighbor?  The man went to jail for felony assault, I don't think the word tussle is appropriate.

If I were to blindside tackle you when you were mowing your lawn resulting in six broken ribs and you needing surgery for injuries received would you call it a tussle?

I don’t think a blind side tackle by my neighbor would injure me at all.  Being a tiny effeminate man has its disadvantages. 

Harvey Weinstein has the coronavirus and has been put in isolation.