MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It is remarkable how not seriously the older generation is taking this in Florida.  My father(82) just now got in his truck to drive to the part store.

My Mom in Maryland also sees it as an  inconvenience. Maybe because lived through the end of World War 2, polio, a few other pandemics and other things. 

Interesting from a NYC doc on front line. Sarilumab is a rheumatoid arthritis drug. But just one persons ideas ,need many more drug trials on all these treatments. 

10th Our standard protocol right now is azithro/hydroxychloroquine/zinc but I have little faith in efficacy. For the patients I really worried about (fast O2 requirement rise, high inflammatory markers) I gave tocilizumab off label. Clinical trial of sarilumab starting this week.

38 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It is remarkable how not seriously the older generation is taking this in Florida.  My father(82) just now got in his truck to drive to the part store.

Also now have these Coronavirus thruthers  spreading lies and claiming all a hoax. Pretty amazing but they usually pop up all the time. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Also now have these Coronavirus thruthers  spreading lies and claiming all a hoax. Pretty amazing but they usually pop up all the time. 

No matter what the topic there will be some small subset of the population who will stridently, doggedly advocate for a solution that is 180 degrees out from the consensus, and will be amazed and angrily bitter that their evidence that the sky is green is not being taken seriously.  See: @JTrea81

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Here's a much larger picture so anyone can check. No cases in Franklin County or Washington County, MD. Maybe a couple in Adams County. So I'm still fairly safe. Only been out for groceries beer and tobacco. Just saying...

Tried to order some (TO DIE FOR) Ham and bean soup from a local restaurant yesterday. Got a busy signal for 10 minutes and gave up. Have part of the stuff I need to make my own but the grocery store has ZERO dried beans! A few bags of chick peas and black eyed peas. NOTHING else.

right click>View Image>click to zoom

coronavirus-kinsa-map-ht-jc-200325_hpMai

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scOtt said:

BTW everything about my world sux right now. This is turning into THE WORST thing I have ever gone thru. Possibly dire straits ahead. Tragically dire even.

Hang in there. In 1918 they had a flu pandemic and a World War.  Science and medicine are way more advanced. 95% of the people have mild cases. Don't think they have tested enough and that the death rate is not accurate but 95% or more have mild symptoms. Also fever rates are going down so maybe we can bend the curve below the 100,000 somewhat or greatly.  Watch other things besides the news. 

[Separately – not discussed in press conference – article in NYT: reductions in fevers around country suggests social distancing is diminishing national incidence of disease https://nytimes.com/2020/03/30/health/coronavirus-restrictions-fevers.html encouraging to see more signs social distancing perhaps making a difference. 8/x]

Chart :

Currently Infected Patients
612,606 (95%)
in Mild Condition
33,619 (5%)
Serious or Critical

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, scOtt said:

BTW everything about my world sux right now. This is turning into THE WORST thing I have ever gone thru. Possibly dire straits ahead. Tragically dire even.

We are here for you. Please reach out to me if you prefer not to share here.  Many of us care. 

• Like 2