I miss baseball.

Philip

On 4/11/2020 at 2:05 PM, scOtt said:

Like The Masters. I've got Augusta National on the computer for Links. Pretty damn good Augusta too! Played that a couple times the last few days.

On what should be the Sunday Final Round here's an oldies but goodies...

Youboob has EVERYTHING!

Here's some baseball to watch.

Tremendous amount of forward movement, then just before impact the left side (his right side) firms up, his head steadies to a statue, torso and hips rotate around his spine and BOOM! Another one of 714. Not very much upper cut either.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, scOtt said:

MASN is showing game 4 of the 1983 ALCS tonight at 7:00. Thrilling scoreless game thru 9 innings. I won't spoil the ending for everyone... ?

Only time I ever missed a home football game while I was at Tech while school was in session (missed at least one that was held over Thanksgiving break, and maybe one that was in late August before classes started).   Stayed in the dorm to watch the O's win the pennant.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Only time I ever missed a home football game while I was at Tech while school was in session (missed at least one that was held over Thanksgiving break, and maybe one that was in late August before classes started).   Stayed in the dorm to watch the O's win the pennant.

I never saw it. Don't even remember where I was. Just looking at the line score on bbref it looks like it's a pretty great game. Tom Davis introducing it said it is the greatest playoff game he's ever seen since the playoffs started.

5 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I never saw it. Don't even remember where I was. Just looking at the line score on bbref it looks like it's a pretty great game. Tom Davis introducing it said it is the greatest playoff game he's ever seen since the playoffs started.

It's one of the first games I can remember watching as a kid. I remember it was a Saturday afternoon and I won't spoil the rest of it for you. :)

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It's one of the first games I can remember watching as a kid. I remember it was a Saturday afternoon and I won't spoil the rest of it for you. :)

I knows how it turns out, and this is my FAVORITE kind of game. Pitcher's duel, 9 innings 0-0 tie. :clap:

I know I watched that game on TV, I was 12.  That's the Tito Landrum game.

Landrum batted just 82 times in an Oriole uniform.  10 of those in the '83 ALCS.  In the Series he appeared three times as a PR/defensive replacement and didn't bat.  Wasn't brought back for '84, returned to St. Louis where he was pretty bad, but did have a 3-for-24 cameo on that awful team in '88.

Was acquired for Floyd Rayford in late August of '83, as the delayed PTBNL in a June deal.  They basically did a loan swap, in '84 Rayford was back with the O's and Landrum with the Cards.

He probably holds the Orioles record for Fame per PA.