How and when will MLB resume in 2020? Update: Owners Agree - Proposal Submitted to Union

PaulFolk

40 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

There was a rumor going around a few days ago that they were cancelling the MiLB season, but apparently that was at least premature.

Another article says the independent Atlantic League wants to press on and have a season.

The complication with the minors compared to the majors is that the minors get a much larger percentage of their revenues from ticket sales.  The majors get a lot of revenues from TV, streaming, radio, etc.  Most minor league teams (including the Atlantic League) have none of that.  I don't think the Blue Crabs have even a single AM radio affiliate. Kind of like baseball circa 1930. So if they're not able to come back with fans there's probably no point.

Even Disney is trying to figure out, do we try and open, up just stay closed for 2020.

I think NASCAR kicks back up this week, with no fans in attendance.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Even Disney is trying to figure out, do we try and open, up just stay closed for 2020.

I think NASCAR kicks back up this week, with no fans in attendance.

A friend of mine races in the truck series and he told me they will be racing again soon with no fans.  He also said to me that is no big deal cause no one ever goes to the truck races.

Just now, MongoBoy said:

A friend of mine races in the truck series and he told me they will be racing again soon with no fans.  He also said to me that is no big deal cause no one ever goes to the truck races.

Compared to the other two series, they dont pull as many, thats for sure.

47 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

You are a clown. Plain and simple.

Because I dont agree with your assine ideas and theories.

To call me a misogynist is so GD Offensive its ridiculous.

Report away all you want. Since none of the mods have ever smacked my hands for any of that you reported, then maybe your viewpoint is off-kiltered.

I bet if Tony released the metrics, more people have you on ignored, than probably any poster on OH, because of what you post.

I feel really sorry for you, I really do. I cant even begin to image what you are like in real life.

This should sum him up.

RQPleOn.gif

Atomic                                     Some of us

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2020 at 3:03 PM, DrungoHazewood said:

There was a rumor going around a few days ago that they were cancelling the MiLB season, but apparently that was at least premature.

Another article says the independent Atlantic League wants to press on and have a season. 

.  .  .

Great. A season without MLB but plenty of the Long Island Ducks' Lew Ford. :eek:

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Do you know if they are going to rebroadcast the games at a more favorable time in the EST zone?

I am looking for Mr.Wright.Mike Wright.

It doesn’t appear so.  But I may record some and play later.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29132165/espn-televise-korea-baseball-organization-games%3fplatform=amp

On 5/2/2020 at 11:33 AM, PaulFolk said:

Remember when I had to lock the last thread because two posters were hurling personal attacks at each other, and then those same two posters came back into this thread and did exactly the same thing, almost word for word? Wow, good times.

If you can't be respectful of each other, put each other on ignore. But take a few days off first. In the meantime, please let's try to steer this thread in a better direction before it too gets locked.

Let me re-emphasize this, if you have such a poor relationship with someone on the board that you must hurl personal insults at each other, then I suggest you put them on the ignore.

We have a strict policy on no politics and no personal insults. If you are incapable of following the rules and the moderators have to keep jumping, then we will have no other choice then to give the poster or posters some time off.

While this subject can skirt along political lines along with all of the shutdowns, I'd rather it focus on the news/rumors coming out then your personal opinions on whether baseball should resume with fans. I think we all have stated those opinions and they are well documented on where people stand.

Let's just hope we get baseball back at some time, sooner than later in my book whether fans attend or not. 

8 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Awesome.  Ford hit .303 for them last year at the age of 42. I hope he keeps going until he's 60!

Maybe see if Willis Otanez would come out of retirement and play again. I'd go watch him! :D

• Upvote 1