How and when will MLB resume in 2020? Update: Owners Agree - Proposal Submitted to Union

PaulFolk

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

I would politely ask you both to go back and read what I said.

Right now one of my best friends is doing everything for his dad. He is in his early 70’s and in pretty good health but has an autoimmune disease. My friend gets all his groceries for him and any errands he needs. His dad is retired but has a part time job which right now he isn’t doing obviously. His dad never leaves the house nor should he. 

Four years ago my dad died. He was 69. Had high cholesterol, hypertension and fairly early stages of Parkinsons. If he was still alive he would not be leaving his house either. 

I referenced the flu in comparison to this in terms of young healthy adults. That’s it. 

They are looking for some healthy young people to test vaccines on.  They will either give you the vaccine or a placebo and then inject you with the virus. You and MLB players should sign up as the virus is no big deal to young healthy people 

Here is site where you can sign-up:

https://1daysooner.org/

Good luck!

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

In '96 the Orioles swept Louisville in a tripleheader.  And that was about 40 years before MLB started using lights.  It can be done.  Might have to have the pitchers get some extra running in.  They'll get winded if they don't get the better part of a minute between pitches.

Games in those days lasted less than an hour didn't they? I don't know for sure, but a lot of those pitchers were basically throwing BP speeds with a dead ball.

7 minutes ago, UpstateNYfan said:

Games in those days lasted less than an hour didn't they? I don't know for sure, but a lot of those pitchers were basically throwing BP speeds with a dead ball.

Dead ball, gloves were pretty sketchy thin, and bats were tooth picks, compared to these days.

57355117_1_x.jpg?auto=webp&format=pjpg&vwpeA.jpg

5 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Dead ball, gloves were pretty sketchy thin, and bats were tooth picks, compared to these days.

57355117_1_x.jpg?auto=webp&format=pjpg&vwpeA.jpg

Crush Davis would add at least 100 k's to his yearly total with a bat like that.  Even if he did take it off his shoulder.

Just now, MongoBoy said:

Crush Davis would add at least 100 k's to his yearly total with a bat like that.  Even if he did take it off his shoulder.

59 mile BP fastballs, he could slug out of the park, regardless. He was swinging pretty good in ST, better than he had in a couple of STs.

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Time for the Orioles to move to Nashville. People can't be this stupid. 

People have died from digesting fish tank hydroxychloroquine, thinking it would vaccinate them from the virus.

So YES, people are that bloody stupid.

1 hour ago, UpstateNYfan said:

Ninety minutes was pretty common.  By 1920 games were up to two hours.

I don't know if it was batting practice, but clearly you can't throw max effort very often if you're getting 500 innings a season.

1 hour ago, MongoBoy said:

I don't know what the scale of that picture is, but guys often swung some very large bats in that era, or at least long.  Keeler had a tiny one, but he was 5' 4", 125 or something. 

The max bat diameter was made 2 3/4th inches in the 1890s, and they saw fit to make max length 42" sometime before that.  Pretty sure nobody's swung a 42" bat in a very long time.

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Mark Reynolds would have fielded .670 with that glove.

LOL

I was wondering when the famous OH Historian would make an appearance in his wheelhouse of expertise.

Reynolds wasnt half bad at first, absolute menace to society at third.