Would you attend games at Camden Yards this summer.

atomic

Would you go to a game at Camden Yards this year  

103 members have voted

1. 1. If they limited the number of fans to have groups 6 feet apart would you attend a game this year

2 hours ago, TheOtherRipken said:

Other problems - ensuring social distancing for entry points and tunnels, accessibility (elevator, escalator if needed), bathrooms, plus anyone who goes to stadium has to deal with the fact that people in this world really don't care and will let their kids run wild and cough in your face.  I'm not trying to be jaded here just what I've seen in public.  

Anecdotally, my wife wore a mask and went to a local Starbucks recently, an employee was not wearing a mask, was coughing, and then called out sick (all in a span of 5 minutes).  Needless to say my wife got out of there fast, but it really puts into perspective how little people care about others with this type of stuff.  Its scary and unbelievable.  

Anyways I'll get off my soapbox, I hope you are staying safe WillyM. 

See I would be hesitant to go inside a Starbucks but wouldn't mind be outside at Camden Yards.  Those employees see hundreds of people a day and Starbucks is a small enclosed place.  

Gyms in Maryland can open today. I would have to say you would have to be nuts to go to a gym.  Enclosed place with people breathing hard and touching everything.  But as long as it gets people off the trials I like to hike on...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Sure ....But I was really fired up by the stupid comment saying this situation is 99% media and 1% real. 

I get that the percentages are low in children. The main problem with children as they are notorious germ spreaders. The concern per the medical professionals is younger people carrying the disease to their older relatives.

For the record, I’m 49 and I’m personally not scared of the disease. I don’t have any underlying health concerns other than being slightly overweight.

From what I have read children haven't been spreading it. And schools being open in other  countries did not lead to increased cases of covid.  For some unknown reason most kids don't seem affected at all. Which is something we can be very thankful for.  

Read that the worst group for number of times worse than the flu is the 45 to 54 age group. I guess that age group doesn't usually die of the flu. And the average age of onset of type 2 diabetes is 45.  I guess a lot of people don't have it under control at that age.  

8 minutes ago, atomic said:

From what I have read children haven't been spreading it. And schools being open in other  countries did not lead to increased cases of covid.  For some unknown reason most kids don't seem affected at all. Which is something we can be very thankful for.  

Read that the worst group for number of times worse than the flu is the 45 to 54 age group. I guess that age group doesn't usually die of the flu. And the average age of onset of type 2 diabetes is 45.  I guess a lot of people don't have it under control at that age.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/christopherrim/2020/06/12/what-international-school-reopenings-say-about-nycs-tentative-plan-for-the-fall/amp/

Schools reopened then closed again in South Korea and Israel.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, atomic said:

See I would be hesitant to go inside a Starbucks but wouldn't mind be outside at Camden Yards.  Those employees see hundreds of people a day and Starbucks is a small enclosed place.  

I think the big danger is being in the same enclosed space for a long period of time with a AC/Heating unit blowing the same air around to everyone. Airplanes, movie theaters, restaurants - places where you're there for a while.

In and of itself, a baseball stadium with socially distanced seating should be relatively safe - the same as hanging out in a park. But I just don't trust the other numbskulls fans who'd go to be smart and respectful of boundaries. The amount of people who wear a mask that covers their mouth and not their nose is incredible.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, backwardsk said:

I think everyone is coming around to the realization that you can put kids at desks that are spaced, but unless you chain them to those desks for the full school day they're going to be in frequent proximity to and contact with one another. It can't be prevented -- maybe reduced, but not prevented.

The same is true of college kids (and older high school kids) when they start drinking. No matter how well intentioned and safety-compliant they are ordinarily,  they aren't going to be thinking about distancing when they get buzzed (or more), especially when they get involved in . . . you know, in stuff that brings them a lot closer than six feet in groups of two. 

35 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

"Hey, get your pee cups with lids here. A dollar a cup, five dollars to pick them up when you're done." 

Lol, that still doesn't solve the problem for me. It's less about where the pee goes than being in a crowded cinderblock room with poor ventilation. Unless you are thinking of doing this at your seat?

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Lol, that still doesn't solve the problem for me. It's less about where the pee goes than being in a crowded cinderblock room with poor ventilation. Unless you are thinking of doing this at your seat?

That was the idea, though I didn't give it a lot of thought. You'll have rooms on all sides, and you can get some privacy:  "Reusable Oriole logo pee screens, just $7.50."

16 hours ago, Satyr3206 said:

It's genetically in the exact same family of flu's as H1N1 and the Spanish Flu. Do some research.

They are/were not just media hype either. Go preach your science-denial propaganda to someone else in your bubble who agrees with you. Because epidemiologists will refute the claim SARS-CoV-2 is just "hype."

7 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

They are/were not just media hype either. Go preach your science-denial propaganda to someone else in your bubble who agrees with you. Because epidemiologists will refute the claim SARS-CoV-2 is just "hype."

Never said Hype. What I said is pure Science. Covid 19 is genetically in the H1N1 and Spanish flu family. Go look it up.