01.0 GB 2> Washington, 59-98

03.0 GB 3> San Diego, 61-96

07.0 GB 4> Pittsburgh, 65-92

09.0 GB 5> Baltimore, 67-90

11.5 GB 6> Atlanta, 70-88

12.0 GB 7> San Francisco, 70-87

13.5 GB 8> Detroit, 71-85

13.5 GB 9> Kansas City, 72-86

00.0 GB 9A> Washington (Failure to sign Crow)

14.0 GB 10> Colorado, 72-85

16.0 GB 11> Cincinnati, 74-83

17.0 GB 12> Oakland, 75-82

17.5 GB 13> Texas, 76-82

21.0 GB 14> Arizona, 79-78

21.0 GB 15> Cleveland, 79-78

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not yet, but that doesn't mean five won't emerge over the Spring and set themselves apart. For example, I wouldn't be surprised to see Strasburg, White, Tate, Green and Ackley distance themselves a bit from the pack. A bunch of others could be substituted in there, as well. Strasburg/White/Green look like the locks right now (to me).

And, so long as it's a factor in what teams draft what players, perhaps we'll get someone to slip because of bonus demands... (Matt Weiters, anyone?)

The life of an O's fan. I know it is something that is very beneficial for the long term of the team to draft higher, but it really breaks my heart to be almost hoping the O's lose every game at the end of the season again this year. I would kill for a meaningful September game one year. :(

Ok this is starting to get a bit ridiculous here. It's one thing to say after a loss to say well at least this helps out our draft position, but to openly root for losses so we can "win" the 4th draft pick!?!? That's just tooo much. I've had enough September losses this month to last me the rest of the decade. I rather see this team win the last 4 games of the season and at least get 70 wins than lose these last 4 so we can "win" a better draft pick.

Ok this is starting to get a bit ridiculous here. It's one thing to say after a loss to say well at least this helps out our draft position, but to openly root for losses so we can "win" the 4th draft pick!?!? That's just tooo much. I've had enough September losses this month to last me the rest of the decade. I rather see this team win the last 4 games of the season and at least get 70 wins than lose these last 4 so we can "win" a better draft pick.

You must not know the story of the O's almost drafting Tex.

I hear you. I would much rather be rooting for a pennant right now.

That said. From a Utilitarian perspective, I find more pleasure in rooting for a high draft pick than rooting for 70 wins. 70, 65, 60 wins all equal losing to me. I can't for the life of me remember the final totals for the past 8 seasons. I can remember that we lost a lot and a couple more wins here or there wouldn't have changed that.

The draft chase is more exciting to me right now. I even look at scores around mlb more to know if Atlanta and Pittsburgh won.

I hear what you are saying. I am one that falls into that "say after a loss to say well at least this helps out our draft position." I would never cheer for the O's to lose. I am just curious though. Since you seem very upset about this and against the people who do cheer for the O's to win to move up. How dies it benefit the O's to win at this point? Most of the players on the team will hopefully be gone after next season and not on the team when we get better. How is it so easy to cheer for them at this point. I am not being condescending at all. I am just trying to understand the other side of the coin.

I hear what you are saying. I am one that falls into that "say after a loss to say well at least this helps out our draft position." I would never cheer for the O's to lose. I am just curious though. Since you seem very upset about this and against the people who do cheer for the O's to win to move up. How dies it benefit the O's to win at this point? Most of the players on the team will hopefully be gone after next season and not on the team when we get better. How is it so easy to cheer for them at this point. I am not being condescending at all. I am just trying to understand the other side of the coin.

You do make a few valid points and I agree in that there are players on the team that I want gone, or that I know will not be a part of this team when we are competitive, and there may be no point in winning these games. But I guess to me the answer lies in another sports cliche "the name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back" That's who I'm rooting for the ORIOLES, sure I have favorite players that I want to see perform well, but ultimately it's about the team, and I want to see my team win! As for the bolded part, this is the hardest time of the season to cheer on the team, but I know that's all I can do, because I could never root for them to lose. I apologize if this post is more of a frustrated ramble it's hard for me to put this into words I guess the easiest way for me to say it is I don't like to Lose and I don't like to see my team lose.

Archived