Current Draft Order

PIT wins, O's lose - not an ideal dilemna to have but we nonetheless get closer to #4.

LB W L PCT GB HOME ROAD RS RA DIFF STRK L10 DIV WC POFF

Seattle 58 101 .365 40.5 32-46 26-55 650 797 -147 Lost 2 1-9 0.0 0.0 0.0

Washington 59 100 .371 39.5 34-46 25-54 635 813 -178 Lost 2 3-7 0.0 0.0 0

San Diego 62 98 .388 37 34-45 28-53 633 756 -123 Lost 1 5-5 0.0 0.0 0.0

Pittsburgh 66 94 .413 33 39-42 27-52 727 880 -153 Won 1 3-7 0.0 0.0 0.0

Baltimore 67 92 .421 31.5 36-42 31-50 779 858 -79 Lost 10 0-10 0.0 0.0

GB 1.5?

Who would've expected that Seattle would drop over a hundred games?

You are correct in your update. :)

We can finish no worse than fifth, and will 'take' 4th only if we play and lose these last two games, along with Pittsburgh playing and winning their last two.

One little twist...

If we play only one more game, say we get rained out tonight and can only get in one more game Sunday... if we lose just that one final game and Pitt wins both, we pick 4th.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we play only one more game, say we get rained out tonight and can only get in one more game Sunday... if we lose just that one final game and Pitt wins both, we pick 4th.

Wouldn't the O's tie Pittsburgh in this scenario and Pitt picked second last year so they had the worse record so they would still pick 4th.

On the other hand I could be wrong.

Thanks for everything Greg. You do a lot around here and I enjoy your threads.

One little twist...

One other little twist ...

If we tie, Pitt gets the 4, we get the 5. :(

Who would've expected that Seattle would drop over a hundred games?

You are correct in your update. :)

We can finish no worse than fifth, and will 'take' 4th only if we play and lose these last two games, along with Pittsburgh playing and winning their last two.

One little twist...

Hey - we get something to follow for this last weekend. Anything to keep'em coming back! :)

Wouldn't the O's tie Pittsburgh in this scenario and Pitt picked second last year so they had the worse record so they would still pick 4th.

On the other hand I could be wrong.

Thanks for everything Greg. You do a lot around here and I enjoy your threads.

One other little twist ...

If we tie, Pitt gets the 4, we get the 5. :(

Thanks Pasadena. :)

We won't be tied, as it goes by winning percentage. Under the scenario I laid out, we pick #4.

1> Seattle

2> Washington

3> San Diego

4> Baltimore, 67-93 (.41875)

5> Pittsburgh, 68-94 (.41975)

If Washington and Seattle finished tied, the Nats get #1... could happen. ;)

I don't think San Diego or Pittsburgh will draft a SS - Green. San Diego already has another Greene (Khalil) and Pittsburgh has Wilson. Unless they are both trading these players during the off season I think they will go in another direction. Both need pitching and they also need to fill other positions. Is Grant Green really a can't miss prospect like Wieters or Price?

I don't think San Diego or Pittsburgh will draft a SS - Green. San Diego already has another Greene (Khalil) and Pittsburgh has Wilson. Unless they are both trading these players during the off season I think they will go in another direction. Both need pitching and they also need to fill other positions. Is Grant Green really a can't miss prospect like Wieters or Price?

Green is considered to be the best position player in next year's draft.

Greene is a FA after next season and Wilson is has an option for 2010. Considering SD is void of position prospects just like the Orioles, I could see them taking the best one in Green.

Green is considered to be the best position player in next year's draft.

Greene is a FA after next season and Wilson is has an option for 2010. Considering SD is void of position prospects just like the Orioles, I could see them taking the best one in Green.

SD actually's got an allright Minor Leagues with the likes of Chase Headley, Mike Antonelli, Cedric Hunter, & a bunch of alright pitchers in the minors. Just because they have a cruddy record dosen't mean their minors are reflective. Their infield is actually allright, their outfield is what needs help so im thinkin' Donovan Tate is up their alley. Just my opinion...

Archived