01.0 GB 2> Washington, 58-98

04.0 GB 3> San Diego, 61-95

08.0 GB 4> Pittsburgh, 65-91

10.5 GB 5> Baltimore, 67-88

11.5 GB 6> Atlanta, 69-88

13.0 GB 7> San Francisco, 70-86

13.5 GB 8> Kansas City, 71-86

14.0 GB 9> Colorado, 71-85

00.0 GB 9A> Washington (Failure to sign Crow)

14.5 GB 10> Detroit, 71-84

16.0 GB 11> Cincinnati, 72-83

17.5 GB 12> Texas, 75-82

18.0 GB 13> Oakland, 75-81

22.0 GB 14> Arizona, 79-77

22.0 GB 15> Cleveland, 79-77

"If two teams finish with identical records, the previous year's standings of the two teams is the tiebreaker, with the team having a worse record receiving the higher pick." --Wikipedia. (Thanks to wickedwitch)

For the full draft order, please go here.

Have you been watching lately? It shouldn't be too hard for them to lose both games. :(

I watch an inning or two here or there but I have largely let it go this season. That is why its easy to check in/follow the race for the top draft slot. It feels more like a competition to me the fan.:(

I hope we do lose both games today. I hate to say it but that is how I feel. A win won't be remembered in a positive light next year anyway so the negatives of a win far outweigh the positive in my opinion.

Currently we'll pick 5th overall in the draft. However, we still have a good chance to take over 4th! Especially if we continue to lose every game.

This is actually good news, considering there are really 4-5 megapropspects in next year's draft!

Well, I think we are pretty much locked into the 5th spot after tonight's action.

We of course dropped a doubleheader while Pittsburgh also lost and Atlanta won. So we're 2 back of Pittsburgh and 2.5 ahead of Atlanta. Pittsburgh holds the tiebreak over us and we hold the tiebreaker over Atlanta.

So I put this question forth to the draft mavens out there: Is the player pool 5 deep? By that I mean, is there 5 stud draft prospects out there, thereby guaranteeing that one is available at pick 5? Hopefully we'll be able to add another impact player to the farm system.

Well, I think we are pretty much locked into the 5th spot after tonight's action.

We of course dropped a doubleheader while Pittsburgh also lost and Atlanta won. So we're 2 back of Pittsburgh and 2.5 ahead of Atlanta. Pittsburgh holds the tiebreak over us and we hold the tiebreaker over Atlanta.

So I put this question forth to the draft mavens out there: Is the player pool 5 deep? By that I mean, is there 5 stud draft prospects out there, thereby guaranteeing that one is available at pick 5? Hopefully we'll be able to add another impact player to the farm system.

"Stud" is an inprecise term, but we'll get a very good player at 5. No telling who that might be until this Spring, but there are 10-15 players that could wind up around there.

"Stud" is an inprecise term, but we'll get a very good player at 5. No telling who that might be until this Spring, but there are 10-15 players that could wind up around there.

Thanks for the reply. I realize that stud is an imprecise term and that a lot can change between now and draft time, but I was wondering if there were 5 players that are clearly better than the rest. I guess the answer is no.

Gotta hope Pittsburgh can play spoiler for the Brew Crew. The San Diego series should be interesting as neither team would want to win any games during that series. Considering their lack of position player prospects and a need to replace Greene, I see SD taking Green at #3 or #4 if the Nats of Pirates don't take him. Pittsburgh would also love to grab Green to replace Wilson. We've got a good shot at Ackley, Crow or Gibson regardless...

Thanks for the reply. I realize that stud is an imprecise term and that a lot can change between now and draft time, but I was wondering if there were 5 players that are clearly better than the rest. I guess the answer is no.

Not yet, but that doesn't mean five won't emerge over the Spring and set themselves apart. For example, I wouldn't be surprised to see Strasburg, White, Tate, Green and Ackley distance themselves a bit from the pack. A bunch of others could be substituted in there, as well. Strasburg/White/Green look like the locks right now (to me).

Not yet, but that doesn't mean five won't emerge over the Spring and set themselves apart. For example, I wouldn't be surprised to see Strasburg, White, Tate, Green and Ackley distance themselves a bit from the pack. A bunch of others could be substituted in there, as well. Strasburg/White/Green look like the locks right now (to me).

This is what makes me feel good about the 5th spot. There's always a Gordon Beckham, or a Buster Posey that blows up during in his draft year. Odds are, considering those 3, Aaron Crow, and some other prospect thats bound to have his stock skyrocket due to performance, the O's are likely to get an excellent prospect.

Archived