Current Draft Order

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nats pick first... and it's likely to be a great, great year to be #1 w/ Mr. Strasburg lining up to have a huge junior season.

And the Nats getting a good player is a win for the Orioles, because fans might actually watch the games and give MASN some more revenue...

SD actually's got an allright Minor Leagues with the likes of Chase Headley, Mike Antonelli, Cedric Hunter, & a bunch of alright pitchers in the minors. Just because they have a cruddy record dosen't mean their minors are reflective. Their infield is actually allright, their outfield is what needs help so im thinkin' Donovan Tate is up their alley. Just my opinion...

Eh, Antonelli had a huge set-back, though Hunter counced back and Blanks took a nice step forward. Headley no longer qualifies. I'd likely put SDN in the bottom-half of MiL organizational talent.

End of Regular Season Draft Order...

The entire order won't be finalized until after the playoffs, and will be readjusted based upon Free Agency signings.

The top 15 picks, plus the 9A selection by Washington, are protected, and the order for the first 15 (+1) picks are firm for the 2009 Draft.

1 Washington

2 Seattle

3 San Diego

4 Pittsburgh

5 Baltimore

6 San Francisco

7 Atlanta

8 Colorado

9 Cincinnati

9A Washington (for failure to sign Aaron Crow)

10 Detroit

11 Kansas City

12 Oakland

13 Texas

14 Cleveland

15 Arizona

16 LA Dodgers

17 Florida

18 St. Louis

19 Toronto

20 Houston

21 Minnesota

22 Chicago White Sox

23 NY Mets

24 NY Yankees

25 Milwaukee

26 Philadelphia

27 Boston

28 Tampa Bay

28A New York Yankees (for failure to sign Gerrit Cole)

29 Chicago Cubs

30 LA Angels

End of Regular Season Draft Order...

The entire order won't be finalized until after the playoffs, and will be readjusted based upon Free Agency signings.

The top 15 picks, plus the 9A selection by Washington, are protected, and the order for the first 15 (+1) picks are firm for the 2009 Draft.

1 Washington

2 Seattle

3 San Diego

4 Pittsburgh

5 Baltimore

6 San Francisco

7 Atlanta

8 Colorado

9 Cincinnati

9A Washington (for failure to sign Aaron Crow)

10 Detroit

11 Kansas City

12 Oakland

13 Texas

14 Cleveland

15 Arizona

16 LA Dodgers

17 Florida

18 St. Louis

19 Toronto

20 Houston

21 Minnesota

22 Chicago White Sox

23 NY Mets

24 NY Yankees

25 Milwaukee

26 Philadelphia

27 Boston

28 Tampa Bay

29 Chicago Cubs

30 LA Angels

So according to your preseason prospect rankings, we'll get Dustin Ackley. I could live with that. :D

I don't think I had one until February. But my site is becoming popular enough for me to research the players year 'round now. :)

Is it? That's great. When you become the next Mel Kiper, I'll have a great story.

"Yea, I helped out Greg Pappas once....no big deal...." :D

Is it? That's great. When you become the next Mel Kiper, I'll have a great story.

"Yea, I helped out Greg Pappas once....no big deal...." :D

LOL :laughlol:

I'll never live, eat and breathe-it like Mel does... he is amazing.

I will however work hard to keep it up-to-date, informative and worth reading.

Hopefully the growing readership/traffic will continue to enjoy it... or at least pretend too. :D

Question for Greg and Stotle:

What was your top 10 last year at this time? I'd be curious to see how much fluctuation there was over the season.

I don't remember, exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was:

1. Alvarez

2. T. Beckham

3. Matusz

4. Crow

5. Smoak

6. Murphy

7. Skipworth

8. Alonso

9. Posey

10. Hosmer

It's all over the Amateur Draft forum. :D

But the sticky at the top of the AF forum should do the trick pretty well. Stotle has a slightly different list within. :)

Oops, I hope it's okay that I threw mine up there. I didn't realize you were staff! Feel free to pull the post if it was intended to be an OH list. Sorry :o

Archived