Results of MLB Covid-19 Intake Testing to start camp

SteveA

2 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Yep, we need antibody tests to know the true situation. Did 10%, 20%, 50%, etc. of the league already have it and not susceptible to future infection (based on current understanding)?

Reliable antibody tests would be the first hurdle to clear.  There's still a great deal of uncertainty as to the reliability of the current tests, the amount of time it takes to create antibodies, false positives from other coronaviruses, etc., etc., ...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 24fps said:

Reliable antibody tests would be the first hurdle to clear.  There's still a great deal of uncertainty as to the reliability of the current tests, the amount of time it takes to create antibodies, false positives from other coronaviruses, etc., etc., ...

My friend in medical field told me the antibody test is only 50% accurate right now.  Said its pretty much useless and waste of money/ time to get it at this point

14 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

A positive case means literally almost nothing to those under 60. This whole narrative is just typical rhetoric. Test, social distance as much as possible, play ball. 

What narrative are you talking about?

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

A positive case means literally almost nothing to those under 60. This whole narrative is just typical rhetoric. Test, social distance as much as possible, play ball. 

Well unless you have diabetes. 

The problem is that we can’t take chances. It is much better to look back from the future and say, “I was too cautious” than to say, “I wish I had been more cautious.” In Texas things have been Steadily getting worse, because we moved to slowly and relaxed too soon. I hate all of the things my wife is making me do, but I am doing them anyway.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Philip said:

The problem is that we can’t take chances. It is much better to look back from the future and say, “I was too cautious” than to say, “I wish I had been more cautious.” In Texas things have been Steadily getting worse, because we moved to slowly and relaxed too soon. I hate all of the things my wife is making me do, but I am doing them anyway.

How is that different than any other day? ?

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2020 at 8:17 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Making masks mandatory in stores is still being done county by county.

In FL or MD? I can't delay my business in Miami any longer and will be headed down in an Amtrak sleeping car's roomette (individual bathroom, meals brought to me) in about a week. Costs just slightly more than a 1st-class airplane seat, but it is a 27-hour ride. As for getting to the station, I rather irrationally prefer taking a subway to Penn Station and walking around there over a Lyft to JFK Airport and dealing with TSA.

Will be interesting to see the post-July 4th stats. As a 64-year-old with a history of pneumonia, I feel it's necessary to take precautions as much as possible. My vigorous 74-year-old friend is a mechanical engineer with lots of on-site supervisory work to do in other cities; he's going to the extreme of driving everywhere in his own car--even all the way from Miami to NY.