What a bunch of sad-sack losers

Frobby

So long as we get back more than replacement level players, I agree with you completely. I don't want to trade for filler type though. I'd rather trade for a single high expectation player than a bunch of filler like Ronny Cedeno. For instance, I'm ok with trading Huff for Wood, though I think his high upside is also accompanied by a high risk rate. I'm not ok with trading Huff for something like Cedeno and Marshall.

I'd trade Huff in a heartbeat for a high A level A- prospect and a high A level B prospect. I'd rather do that than trade him for three ML ready C prospects.

Yea, i can buy into this.

Guys like Cedeno you would like to get for players like Mora and Ramon.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been saying this for about two years now.

Everyone wants to jump at the latest potential shread of hope and ignore what has been a hard reality for quite sometime.

I too am optimistic that things are going to change but when do we actually say "prove it, we've heard enough talk?"

I'm really not talking about the casual fans because they lost interest a long time ago. I'm talking mainly about those who populate this board and the like.

Any concerns or hard questioning of strategy in May gets torn apart by those who dissapear from this board in September, only to return again in April with more "Why Not?" season talk.

Yep...every season it is the same thing...Gotta give them another year...Gotta see what AM(or Beattie, or Duq or Flanny) can do with another offseason before you judge them.

As I and others have been saying for a while now...It is the same arguments every year and every year it is the same group of people on each side of the argument.

It is a big cycle.

Hmmnn. There are 30 weeks in a season. for 24 of those weeks the team played hard and was around .500 in spite of a steadily imploding pitching staff. Now that they've finally sucumbed the last 6 weeks, people are vilifying them once again based on 1/5 of the season and ignoring the other 4/5 ths. Great fans.:rolleyestf:

Hmmnn. There are 30 weeks in a season. for 24 of those weeks the team played hard and was around .500 in spite of a steadily imploding pitching staff. Now that they've finally sucumbed the last 6 weeks, people are vilifying them once again based on 1/5 of the season and ignoring the other 4/5 ths. Great fans.:rolleyestf:

You're right, what was I thinking? I should've been happy they were playing losing baseball for 4/5ths of the season

You're right, what was I thinking? I should've been happy they were playing losing baseball for 4/5ths of the season
But they weren't playing losing basebal for 4/5 ths of the season. The were around .or above 500, which for this team was exceptional. They can't be held accountable for the past 10 years of disfunction.

4/5 of our season is roughly 129 games....After 129 games, we were 62-67. That's not winning baseball.

And for that matter, who the hell cares? Bottom line is that this team is still pitiful and is in need of dire help.

I was one of the many who fell for this team early in the season, thinking they could play respectably. Now look at them...its the same music, just a slightly different band playing.

The ONLY glimmer of hope is the promise of the young arms in the farm system, Jones, Markakis, and Wieters. I'd also be more than happy to keep Roberts if he can't be traded for anything of value and wants to extend here.

4/5 of our season is roughly 129 games....After 129 games, we were 62-67. That's not winning baseball.
It's competitative. Around .500 as I said. And after the pitching implosions that I mentioned it's admirable. You can expect AM to turn this team around in one season after 10 disfunctional ones, in your fantasy world, Tinkerbell, but in the real world, I would expect he might take a little longer than that.

It's competitative. Around .500 as I said. And after the pitching implosions that I mentioned it's admirable. You can expect AM to turn this team around in one season after 10 disfunctional ones, in your fantasy world, Tinkerbell, but in the real world, I would expect he might take a little longer than that.

62-67 is competitive baseball???? :rolleyestf::eek::rolleyes:

Around .500.... :scratchchinhmm:

O-K.....did the "standards" of winning and/or competitive baseball just drop overnight?

62-67 is competitive baseball???? :rolleyestf::eek::rolleyes:

Around .500.... :scratchchinhmm:

O-K.....did the "standards" of winning and competitive baseball just drop overnight?

There is no sense in arguing about semantics. Does "non-embarassing" suit you better? The point is that the team, for most of the season, had a decent chance to win on any given night. Now we go into every game expecting to lose.

But the season is 162 games. The last 40 games count, and in fact might be the most important 40 games for a team trying to show a fan base and potential free agents that things are changing with this perrenial loser.

B-Rob, Nick, Tex and others deciding wether to sign deals this off season with Baltimore aren't going to remember how well we played in June, they more than likely will remember how poor this team finished the season.

If we have to go 10-30 over a 40 game period, lets do it in April/May next season, that way we can show some progress as the season moves on.

40 games is a big chunk of the season to play likethe worst team in baseball. I think we could all look past a 10 game slide where we go 2-8, but this last month has been pathetic, and I don't see any difference in this teams additude in September than I did with Sammy as manager.

There is no sense in arguing about semantics. Does "non-embarassing" suit you better? The point is that the team, for most of the season, had a decent chance to win on any given night. Now we go into every game expecting to lose.

Its not semantics Frobby. This team was destined to be a bad team even at the beginning of the year and that has been proven out over time. Oh sure, we will now hear a littany of excuses as to why we have lost so much, e.g., the tried and true Orioles' fan "injuries" excuse.

To call 62-67 as being competitive or "non-embarrasing" is a frankly a farce IMO; it sounds like an apologist talking. I am sick and tired of fans rationalizing what is in fact a terrible team. A 50-50 chance of winning a game for "most of the season" (but not all) is NOT going to get it. That should be the point!!

Its not semantics Frobby. This team was destined to be a bad team even at the beginning of the year and that has been proven out over time. Oh sure, we will now hear a littany of excuses as to why we have lost so much, e.g., the tried and true Orioles' fan "injuries" excuse.

To call 62-67 as being competitive or "non-embarrasing" is a frankly a farce IMO; it sounds like an apologist talking. I am sick and tired of fans rationalizing what is in fact a terrible team. A 50-50 chance of winning a game for "most of the season" (but not all) is NOT going to get it. That should be the point!!

Especially with answers out there this off season that will cost money, but won't hamper the development of the system. I am talking about Tex, Burnett, Sabathia, Sheets, Manny to an extent. We are sick and tired of 11 straight seasons of poor play. Its time to turn it around. Buy some of these guys and add them to Roberts, Kakes, Weiters, Jones, and the young pitchers, and then we are heading somewhere. Expecting the fan base to keep on wiaitng on next year, EVERY year, is eventually going to push away even the most diehard of us all.

Archived