vs. YANKEES, 7/30

OFFNY

2 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

Sucks, I got back home in time to see a rain delay and likely a Yankees win. Let's hope Means is just recovering and gets back on track soon. 

Like someone said earlier, I think Means was just rusty. And maybe a little amped up. Threw a BUNCH at 96 mph. Threw some decent breaking stuff, changes later. Just had a rough and very unlucky 1st inning. Threw 30-several pitches. 51 total. He seems healthy at least. Just needs to settle in and start grinding.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

What do ya’ll think of the put a dude on second rule in extra innings? So far, I am not a fan. I hope it doesn’t outlast COVID. I like extended suffering. It builds character.

I'm a traditionalist and love 16 inning games. That said it makes it a lot easier on pitching staffs and GMS and roster crunches if you limit it with baserunners. I'm about 60% don't like it, 40% like...

4 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

What do ya’ll think of the put a dude on second rule in extra innings? So far, I am not a fan. I hope it doesn’t outlast COVID. I like extended suffering. It builds character.

Last night a guy led off an inning with a 2 run homer for the first time in MLB history.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I'm a traditionalist and love 16 inning games. That said it makes it a lot easier on pitching staffs and GMS and roster crunches if you limit it with baserunners. I'm about 60% don't like it, 40% like...

When they announced the rule I was interested. I was open to it being kinda exciting. But after seeing it in a couple games, it feels like a very jarring discontinuity from the flow and rhythm of the rest of the game. It’s like all of a sudden A very different game. Plus, it’s a game normally characterized by its sedate slowness. I would get used to it, I suppose.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Just home from work. I swear that I saw a lineup earlier today that had Mullins in LF, not DJ. Was I just imagining that?

o

I accidentally pasted yesterday's lineup into the game thread.

This was the original lineup, which I posted in the "Ongoing Lineup" thread.

Austin Charles Brian "C.B." Hays - CF 

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 2B

Renato Nunez - 1B

Anthony Santander - RF

Pedro Severino De Leon  - C

John Dwight "J.D." Smith, Jr. - DH

Patrick Valiaka - SS

Rio Ruiz - 3B

Boyce Cedric "C.B." Mullins II - LF

o

• Thanks 1