vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/17

OFFNY

o

Hyun-Jin Ryu )has been uncharacteristically wild so far this season, giving out 10 Free Passes (9 Walks and 1 Hit Batsman) in only 20 Innings Pitched.

In his previous 2 seasons combined, Ryu's walk rate over 265 Innings Pitched was 1.325, including a league-leading 1.183 for the Dodgers last season.

That said, he is certainly capable of pitching 8 innings without walking any batters.

TORONTO/BUFFALO BLUE JAYS

Cavan Biggio - 2B

Randal Grichuk - CF

Travis Shaw - 3B

Teoscar Jose "T.J." Hernandez - RF

Ryan John "Rowdy" Tellez - 1B

Vladimir Guerrero Ramos, Jr. - DH

Lourdes Yunielki Gurriel Castillo, Jr. - LF

Joseph Panik - SS

Daniel Jansen - C

柳賢振 - LHP )) (1-1, 4.05 ERA)

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 2B

Anthony Santander - RF

Renato Nunez - 1B

Pedro Severino De Leon - DH

Patrick Valaika - LF

Rio Ruiz - 3B

John Bryan "J.B." Holaday - C

Andrew Velazquez - SS

Cedric Mullins - CF

Alexander Miller Cobb - RHP )) (1-1, 2.75 ERA)

https://www.mlb.com/starting-lineups

BERT JONES (7) with Buffalo Bills qb Joe Ferguson--1975 | Nfl ...

o

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Hyun-Jin Ryu )has been uncharacteristically wild so far this season, giving out 10 Free Passes (9 Walks and 1 Hit Batsman) in only 20 Innings Pitched.

In his previous 2 seasons combined, Ryu's walk rate over 265 Innings Pitched was 1.325, including a league-leading 1.183 for the Dodgers last season.

That said, he is certainly capable of pitching 8 innings without walking any batters.

o

o

And for the other side ........

Alexander Miller Cobb - RHP )) (1-1, 2.75 ERA)

o

16 hours ago, scOtt said:

Scherzer had 10 walks in 19 2/3 prior to Sunday. Jus' sayin'......

And Scherzer wasn't really the reason we lost that game. John Means and Rio Ruiz were, with contributions from Chris Davis and Hanser Alberto.

I just realized I actually can't tell from the context whether you were implying that Scherzer's walk rate was a good thing for us or bad. If the former, I like your optimism! :D 

1 minute ago, allquixotic said:

And Scherzer wasn't really the reason we lost that game. John Means and Rio Ruiz were, with contributions from Chris Davis and Hanser Alberto.

I just realized I actually can't tell from the context whether you were implying that Scherzer's walk rate was a good thing for us or bad. If the former, I like your optimism! :D 

What I was implying was Max has been uncharacteristically wild this year but he came in and shut us down. Santander notwithstanding... ?

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

What I was implying was Max has been uncharacteristically wild this year but he came in and shut us down. Santander notwithstanding... ?

Did he really shut us down, though? If you're looking at the scoreboard, he didn't. Other than that, he went deeper into the ballgame than most starters can go these days, so that's the most impressive thing I'd say about his outing. But it turned out to cost him 3 runs for that extra inning or so he pitched.

1 minute ago, allquixotic said:

Did he really shut us down, though? If you're looking at the scoreboard, he didn't. Other than that, he went deeper into the ballgame than most starters can go these days, so that's the most impressive thing I'd say about his outing. But it turned out to cost him 3 runs for that extra inning or so he pitched.

That's true. Manager shouldn't have let him talk him into sending him back out there. They showed them probably discussing it in the dugout. If Max hadn't pitched the last inning it would have been quite a nice start. If only 5 innings.

Since we're playing the Jays (albeit, at OPACY), I'll ask the question: How have other teams been handling the Buffalo stadium they're playing in? Is it a hitter-friendly, pitcher-friendly or meh park? It's not every year that MLB has a new park, so it's always interesting to see how the ball plays in there.

2 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Since we're playing the Jays (albeit, at OPACY), I'll ask the question: How have other teams been handling the Buffalo stadium they're playing in? Is it a hitter-friendly, pitcher-friendly or meh park? It's not every year that MLB has a new park, so it's always interesting to see how the ball plays in there.

They hit a ton of dongs that last series but I don't think they've played enough games to say yet.

• Thanks 1