Cedric Mullins is on the move

wildcard

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Note: Mullins is 25 years old and began the season with 78 days of major league service time.

Are you saying Elias failed to properly manipulate Mullins' service time!? Horrors!!! How will the team afford to pay the arbitration for a 32 year old pinch-runner? They will need him to chase their fourth consecutive World Series title.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jabba72 said:

Unbelievably small sample size. Mullins bats 9th for a reason...

Please play by the rules.  It's clearly pointed out in the OP that "something might be happening".  It's also been pointed out that it is absolutely "too soon to draw any conclusions".  Presumably that extends to conclusions about sample size, so it follows that sample size discussions have no place in this thread.  Evidently incedental trends coupled with chance occurrences supporting tenuous arguments are welcome.

So what to do?  I'm going to sit quietly, take "note and watch what happens next."

...and try to avoid threads with clickbait titles in the future.  I'll bet I'm not alone in thinking Mullins was traded and I didn't hear the news.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 24fps said:

Please play by the rules.  It's clearly pointed out in the OP that "something might be happening".  It's has also been pointed out that it is absolutely "too soon to draw any conclusions".  Presumably that extends to conclusions about sample size, so it follows that sample size discussions have no place in this thread.  Evidently incedental trends coupled with chance occurrences supporting tenuous arguments are welcome.

So what to do?  I'm going to sit quietly, take "note and watch what happens next."

...and try to avoid threads with clickbait titles in the future.  I'll bet I'm not alone in thinking Mullins was traded and I didn't hear the news.

Not me, I saw who started the thread.

6 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

Are you saying Elias failed to properly manipulate Mullins' service time!? Horrors!!! How will the team afford to pay the arbitration for a 32 year old pinch-runner? They will need him to chase their fourth consecutive World Series title.

The only point I am making about age and service time is that Mullins is young and under team control for a long time.  Period.

11 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Why is this even being talked about?  It’s a few games.  It’s not like he’s crushing the ball.

C'mon, even 10 years ago @wildcard was posting something every few days about a 6-for-15 run being a crazy hot streak that just might be a sign of Felix Pie becoming the All Star we always envisioned, and a 3-for-15 streak shows that Dave Trembley is losing confidence in Luke Scott and he's not part of the future.  Wasn't he?  I'm sure he was.  That's his thing.

Just now, DrungoHazewood said:

C'mon, even 10 years ago @wildcard was posting something every few days about a 6-for-15 run being a crazy hot streak that just might be a sign of Felix Pie becoming the All Star we always envisioned, and a 3-for-15 streak shows that Dave Trembley is losing confidence in Luke Scott and he's not part of the future.  Wasn't he?  I'm sure he was.  That's his thing.

Well even beyond WC, why is there anything being written about him?  I get it, on a day to day basis, you search for things but 20 at bats isn’t even worth the time to sit down and write.

• Upvote 1

• weams changed the title to Cedric Mullins is on the move (filling in in the outfield until a MLB outfielder that plays centerfield is around)
2 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

I'm still pulling for Mullins and hope he does well.

Certainly looks better than last year, but still not showing any of that spray power that we saw throughout the minors and in his brief call up in 2018.  

Mullins does not have to hit for power any more than Alberto does.  If he can gets on base at a 350 clip and runs the bases well he will be a asset.  I team should be made up of batters the can get on base and those the can drive runs in.  If some can to both all the better.    Weaver use to talk about using player 's talent to better the team.  Most players have faults.   Playing them to take advantage for their talent is the key.

Lowenstein could not hit lefties.  Roenicke could not hit righties.   Belanger and Dempsey didn't hit much but were good defensively.  Use the player's talents to better the team.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Mullins does not have to hit for power any more than Alberto does.  If he can gets on base at a 350 clip and runs the bases well he will be a asset.  I team should be made up of batters the can get on base and those the can drive runs in.  If some can to both all the better.    Weaver use to talk about using player 's talent to better the team.  Most players have faults.   Playing them to take advantage for their talent is the key.

Lowenstein could not hit lefties.  Roenicke could not hit righties.   Belanger and Dempsey didn't hit much but were good defensively.  Use the player's talents to better the team.

When you have 13 pitchers it's harder to find a spot for a player who can't hit lefties, has no power and no arm.  Especially when his .350 OBP against righties is hypothetical, and he's currently sitting on .282.  But no harm in letting him try for a while.