Akin promoted, LeBlanc done for the season

MurphDogg

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Well there goes that possibility. 

Not sure why you would call him up and wait until Friday/Saturday to start him. Heck you could bring Hess up as insurance for a couple of days or even a bat. 

That said who knows. 

He's probalby in the pen and Eshelman in the rotation at this point.   

Why are people so down on Tom Eschelman? 

I thought he should have made the team out of Spring Training.  He's got the lowest ERA (2.75) of anyone on the team who has gotten starts. He's younger (26) than Means, Wojo, Cobb, Milone, or Leblanc. He's letting up fewer home runs than just about anyone in this rotation.

For god's sake, what does this kid need to do to get a shot at being this 2020 team's 5th starter?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

I thought he should have made the team out of Spring Training.  He's got the lowest ERA (2.75) of anyone on the team who has gotten starts. He's younger (26) than Means, Wojo, Cobb, Milone, or Leblanc.

For god's sake, what does this kid need to do to get a shot at being this 2020 team's 5th starter?

It’s simple. He has pitched well but Akin is considered although not a top prospect to have a higher ceiling. 

3 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

I thought he should have made the team out of Spring Training.  He's got the lowest ERA (2.75) of anyone on the team who has gotten starts. He's younger (26) than Means, Wojo, Cobb, Milone, or Leblanc.

For god's sake, what does this kid need to do to get a shot at being this team's 2020 5th starter?

It is easy to be down on a guy that gives up 2.4 HR/9 with 4.9 K/9 in his major league career.  I think most people rightfully view his ERA this season as nothing but smoke and mirrors. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

It’s simple. He has pitched well but Akin is considered although not a top prospect to have a higher ceiling. 

I get that. I'm excited to see Akin and more of the pitching prospects get their shot too.  I'm not trying to argue against that.  It just seems like Eschelman is kind of getting the short stick considering how he's performed.

Its not like 31-year old Wojo (career 5.65 ERA) has a particularly high ceiling.

2 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

I get that. I'm excited to see Akin and more of the pitching prospects get their shot too.  I'm not trying to argue against that.  It just seems like Eschelman is kind of getting the short stick considering how he's performed.

Its not like 31-year old Wojo (career 5.65 ERA) has a particularly high ceiling.

Eshelman has certainly pitched well enough to deserve a start. Can’t argue with his results.  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If Means started getting hitters out he wouldn't need a piggy-back partner.

That mattress workout boosted his fastball velocity but it also maybe boosted his changeup velocity, which is bad. That pitch just hasn't looked like the same magic swing and miss changeup. It seems like he's very aware of that fact, at least, but man it's frustrating to have a guy work hard to improve himself and it ends up maybe ruining what was working. 

2 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

And on another note .....So this is the  Leblanc news ..............Any further reports coming out down there in Baltimore about Severino ?

Nothing official. He isn’t in lineup tonight but fact he isn’t on IL yet has to be a positive. 

• Upvote 1