Ryan Mountcastle hits First and Second MLB Homers

weams

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Maybe they worked on some running form deficiency while he was in Bowie?  I don't know, speed is something that pretty easy to get an accurate reading on and doesn't generally go up as you age.

How are you feeling BTW?

Just now, weams said:

How are you feeling BTW?

Thanks for asking.

I still have some swelling in my Maxillary sinuses, it looks like most of my issues were there.  Bent down yesterday and had a bit of a nosebleed issue that was a bummer.  It's still uncomfortable, thankfully I haven't had any pain issues.  I go in for post-op on Tuesday.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Thanks for asking.

I still have some swelling in my Maxillary sinuses, it looks like most of my issues were there.  Bent down yesterday and had a bit of a nosebleed issue that was a bummer.  It's still uncomfortable, thankfully I haven't had any pain issues.  I go in for post-op on Tuesday.

I hope it clears up nicely and you can breathe the air you deserve.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Maybe they worked on some running form deficiency while he was in Bowie?  I don't know, speed is something that pretty easy to get an accurate reading on and doesn't generally go up as you age.

Maybe possible that he bulked up earlier in his career then leaned out as he transitioned to play LF?

49 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Thanks for asking.

Evolution failed us in sinus design.

• Like 1

Just now, DrungoHazewood said:

Evolution failed us in sinus design.

I agree, it seems as if we evolved a bit too quickly, probably caused by cooking meat.  Our teeth design is pretty poor as well and I think the whole back thing could have gone better.

At some point in the near future we need to find out what is triggering an allergic response or this will be a temporary fix.

Sure is nice not having a gigantic polyp almost exiting one of my nostrils tho.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I agree, it seems as if we evolved a bit too quickly, probably caused by cooking meat.  Our teeth design is pretty poor as well and I think the whole back thing could have gone better.

At some point in the near future we need to find out what is triggering an allergic response or this will be a temporary fix.

Sure is nice not having a gigantic polyp almost exiting one of my nostrils tho.

Some of it is probably related to short-term strategies for survival that break down when you're old.  100 years ago the average lifespan was 45, 300 years ago probably 35.  Evolution over many millennia optimized for that, not 80.

7 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Some of it is probably related to short-term strategies for survival that break down when you're old.  100 years ago the average lifespan was 45, 300 years ago probably 35.  Evolution over many millennia optimized for that, not 80.

I'm in the camp that using fire to unlock the nutrition of meat jump started our development particularly cranium size.  The accelerated gains in that area were so beneficial that they outpaced complimentary advances in things like teeth and sinuses.

On teeth I was talking about shape and placement not the fact that they wear out.  A lot of that is diet related.

• Upvote 1