Os system up to 8th according to MLB.com

Sports Guy

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Seemed to be a lot of foot stomping a few weeks ago about not having a top 10 system.  

So...there.

I still wonder how much elite, impact talent we have though.  

Gotta have that to win.  The development of Hall, GRod, Kjerstad and Rutschman is absolutely enormous for the future of the organization.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I still wonder how much elite, impact talent we have though.  

Gotta have that to win.  The development of Hall, GRod, Kjerstad and Rutschman is absolutely enormous for the future of the organization.

I am hopeful that one or more of the MI recently drafted becomes a blue chipper too!  The draft in any sport is a crap shoot.

3 minutes ago, Chuck A said:

I am hopeful that one or more of the MI recently drafted becomes a blue chipper too!  The draft in any sport is a crap shoot.

Yea and you never know if one of these Intl FA turns into a beast either.

Just saying that, as of right now, I like the depth of the organization and they have some good talent at the top but I do think it’s fair to question if we have superstar level talent.  

Look at what the WS were building and what they are showing now as an example of what I am talking about...or what Houston did, Chicago, etc..

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Agreed.  We seem to have some high end talent but it falls off pretty quickly.

I think this was true to start the year but the system is starting to fill out depth wise. The deals at the deadline gave us some top 20 guys as well as presumably more to come. Also it's clear Elias' draft was also focused on getting quantity going underslot in the first and going overslot on the high schoolers. To become a number 1 system they need to start signing better international classes which I believe is already happening.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

The top prospect list is still largely comprised of prospects drafted or otherwise acquired from the previous regime.  Save for Rutchsman and Kjerstad, who were the #1 and #2 picks overall.  

He's only been year for a little under 2 years...how do you expect him to get top 100 prospects outside of the previous regime and 1st round picks that quick?