Braves! 9-14

HowAboutThat

2 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

oShades of 1918 through 1919 when the regular season was reduced to 130 and 140 games respectively, but the World Series was increased to a Best-of-9 because of WW I.
in 1920 and 1921 they continued the Best-of-9 format for the World Series for 2 more seasons, but the regular season went back to the 154-game format.o

OK, but I have been advocating this for 20 years. Shorter regular season. 2 leagues, 2 divisions, 32 teams. Division winners get byes, four wild cards per league play best-of-3, all at the home of the two leaders, then best-of 7 for LDS, CS and WS. Finish before October 21. Maybe start and end a week earlier to make it fit: 4/4 - 9/7.

1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

OK, but I have been advocating this for 20 years. Shorter regular season. 2 leagues, 2 divisions, 32 teams. Division winners get byes, four wild cards per league play best-of-3, all at the home of the two leaders, then best-of 7 for LDS, CS and WS. Finish before October 21. Maybe start and end a week earlier to make it fit: 4/4 - 9/7.

o

OK.

I was simply making a historical reference because of the similarities.

o