Last Six Games, What Do You Want To See?

Bahama O's Fan

Would be cool to end up with an even run differential or close to it.  We’re at -13 right now, which is much better than “playoff team” Toronto. 

Our run differential was -270 and -252 in 2018 and 2019, respectively.  Obviously those were 162 game seasons, but it’s hard to not be encouraged by the progress the team has made this year. 

o

John Means.

DJ Kremer.

Keegan Akin.

Alex Cobb.

Jorge Lopez.

That sounds like it could possibly be a decent rotation for 2021. 

Lopez' Walks walks are high, Kremer and Akin have only dipped their toes in the water at the Major League level, but it has the possibility of being a more-than-serviceable quintet.

o

17 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

John Means.

DJ Kremer.

Keegan Akin.

Alex Cobb.

Jorge Lopez.

That sounds like it could possibly be a decent rotation for 2021. 

Lopez' Walks walks are high, Kremer and Akin have only dipped their toes in the water at the Major League level, but it has the possibility of being a more-than-serviceable quintet.

o

Would love to trade Cobb, and Baumann and Lowther are in the wings, and would probably have come up if not for injury.

Pop, too, though I think he’s a reliever.

I’d like to see continued good pitching this week, especially from Akin and Kremer.    I’d like to go into the offseason having some confidence that those two will be in our 2021 rotation and have a shot at doing a good job.   

Not too concerned about anything else this week so far as the long term outlook goes.   But it would be nice to see the bats bust out a little after a pretty tepid last 10 days or so.  

SteveA's scenario sounds wonderful, but it's pretty hard to imagine that many things going right in one week.

At this point, I'd settle for the Orioles winning at least two games out of the three-game series in Boston.

If the Orioles can do that, they will win the season's series from the Red Sox and assure themselves of finishing higher in the standings than the Red Sox will.

It they want to win a game or three in Buffalo, that'd be a little icing on the cake.

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

6 wins.

3 Toronto losses either today, or in their 4 game series with the Yankees.

2 Tiger losses.

2 Angel losses.

3 Mariner losses.

o

I would be thrilled with 6 more Oriole wins to finish the season, regardless of whether or not the remaining scenarios resulted in a playoff berth for them.

o

6 one run losses ( all the fault of players who will no longer be with us next year )

4 Texas wins

4 Boston wins

3 Washington wins

2 Kansas City wins

1 Detroit win

Commissioner doesn't alter draft picks due to short season.

That assures us the second pick which guarantees either Rocker or Leiter. We need a stud starter!

No, seriously, I just want to see the pitching continue to be good.

14 minutes ago, hutchead said:

6 one run losses ( all the fault of players who will no longer be with us next year )

4 Texas wins

4 Boston wins

3 Washington wins

2 Kansas City wins

1 Detroit win

Commissioner doesn't alter draft picks due to short season.

That assures us the second pick which guarantees either Rocker or Leiter. We need a stud starter!

No, seriously, I just want to see the pitching continue to be good.

I'm still holding out hope that the 2019 team record will factor into draft standing.  Definitely ups the O's chances of getting a top 3 pick.  I dread Washington falling to 2nd worst record and getting Rocker the year after they win the World Series.

10 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm still holding out hope that the 2019 team record will factor into draft standing.  Definitely ups the O's chances of getting a top 3 pick.  I dread Washington falling to 2nd worst record and getting Rocker the year after they win the World Series.

Pittsburg and Texas have 1-2 locked up. Detroit and KC are ahead of too. I think we’ll be lucky to get a single digit choice, although if they combine last year’s record with this season, we might.

DAMN this pursuit of excellence! If only we sucked just one more year!