Mayo: “I would be surprised if (Adley) is not in the big leagues in 2021."

wildcard

2021 was ways the most likely year Adley would make the majors.

I think the team is saying, 2020 be damned..whether he had the MiL experience or not is irrelevant.  He’s so advanced that he is up in 2021 regardless.

For him to not see the majors this year, it will be because of health or that he just isn’t as good as advertised.  Otherwise, he’s here for the second half of the season.

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Probably.

We just can't have nice things.  The hype around AR is too much, you'd think we'd have learned after the whole Switch Hitting Jesus thing.  

It’s going to be interesting to see how AR immediately compares to Wieters.

I was slammed on this site for questioning Wieters the first time I saw him.  His swing was slow/long,l and lacked athleticism right off the bat.  He never looked the part of an elite guy.  He just didn’t look like naturally gifted like the elite of the elite do.

From the video I have seen of AR, I don’t get that impression but that’s not exactly the best sample size I saw either.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

2021 was ways the most likely year Adley would make the majors.

I think the team is saying, 2020 be damned..whether he had the MiL experience or not is irrelevant.  He’s so advanced that he is up in 2021 regardless.

For him to not see the majors this year, it will be because of health or that he just isn’t as good as advertised.  Otherwise, he’s here for the second half of the season.

I have not seen or heard the team say anything.   Its others projecting.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Probably.

We just can't have nice things.  The hype around AR is too much, you'd think we'd have learned after the whole Switch Hitting Jesus thing.  

Yup.    I’ve still got PWSD (post-Wieters stress disorder).   Hoping for great things but no amount of hype will convince me that (1) he’s a sure-fire above average major leaguer, or (2) that he’s already ready for the majors.    He will have to prove it.   

That said, I do dream about it....

• Upvote 1