Vavra on move to CF

Sports Guy

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think Mountcastle looked decent in LF last year and I was very vocal about his defensive shortcomings.  He's not a bad athlete.  I'm not sure why you think he's not going to succeed anywhere except first.

I think I was pretty clear about how I feel and why. He may be fine in LF, and his defense has been average, according to the SSS stats. At baseball savant. But he hasn’t looked good, in throwing, running, or reacting. He MAY be fine in LF, but I don’t think so, and I expect he’ll end up at 1B or DH. And that’s ok, lots of good athletes end up at 1B. No shame in that.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

I think I was pretty clear about how I feel and why. He may be fine in LF, and his defense has been average, according to the SSS stats. At baseball savant. But he hasn’t looked good, in throwing, running, or reacting. He MAY be fine in LF, but I don’t think so, and I expect he’ll end up at 1B or DH. And that’s ok, lots of good athletes end up at 1B. No shame in that.

Then why did you say "it’s pretty obvious that Mountcastle is not going to succeed anywhere except possibly first base."?

That is directly contradictory to what you are saying now.

3 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I always thought the expression was “on the dirt” when it came to infielders. 

Seriously, you felt a need to make a post on this? Yeah, it's on the dirt. I was rushing. Good lord..... 

Did you need clarification or just felt a need to call me out?