Jose Iglesias traded to Angels.

LookinUp

5 minutes ago, Natty said:

Iglesias batted .373 last season.

We are dumping anyone with real value that we cant control until the Davis fiasco money situation is over.

It is what it is. 

Not cutting Davis saves them the Major League minimum for someone else. 

At this point I’m starting to think that is a bigger reason for keeping him than I thought.  

Davis aside the payroll is peanuts. 

17 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

It is December 2nd.

I think Richie Martin is more likely to be the Opening Day shortstop than Yolmer Sanchez, but I would bet on it being someone currently not in the organization over either of them.

Dont get your hopes up on Richie Martin. The team is so not impressed by him that they have drafted/acquired more middle infielders than any other spot. It's like open tryouts for his replacement. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Natty said:

Dont get your hopes up on Richie Martin. The team is so not impressed by him that they have drafted/acquired more middle infielders than any other spot. It's like open tryouts for his replacement. 

I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone was really thinking that Richie is the shortstop of the future

37 minutes ago, owknows said:

Pat Valaika is not an everyday player because no one has played him everyday yet.

Sanchez has limited reps because he hasn't has the reps yet.

Valaika actually has a fine fielding pct at 2B... and will hit 30+ homers

Bannon at 3B

This is the rebuilding Orioles

I agree with Valaika at 2B,   Sanchez at SS.    I don't see Valaika hitting anywhere close to 30 homers.

Elias still looking for his upgrade to Ruiz at 3B.   There is a lot of time left in the off season.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

This is going to be an exciting season.  You will probably be glad you have them.

Hope so. I love my seats, I truly think they are the best value in the stadium (front row of the upper deck, directly behind home plate). I just hope at some point to watch a home team that is interested in winning. A winning team also might help me get a better sales price on my house when I decamp for the suburbs.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Who knows, maybe you will get lucky and they will need you to play a game at short!

My guess is the Sanchez has more range at SS than Iglesias.   Jose's range has been slipping the last 2 seasons.  He has amazing hands but  I think Sanchez will be fine at SS.

12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I agree with Valaika at 2B,   Sanchez at SS.    I don't see Valaika hitting anywhere close to 30 homers.

Elias still looking for his upgrade to Ruiz at 3B.   There is a lot of time left in the off season.

Valaika hit 8 HR's in 150 AB's last year

And his career numbers project to well over 30 per 600 AB's

I think he is an unrealized bat

• Like 1

I’m old to remember when people told me that Nunez wasn’t about money and that part of that evidence was that they picked up the Iglesias option.  Lol

Im perfectly fine that they traded Iglesias and the return is more than acceptable but this is 100% about this team being cheap.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If they write off the 2021 and 2022 seasons than a lot of the fanbase will lose patience. 

2021 I can accept and expect more of the same this year. But 2022 I won't accept, they need to make an effort next year and need to start spending money next offseason. They keep preaching how the Astros did it (minus the cheating), it took them 3 100 loss seasons. Well next year would be our 4th and 3rd under Elias given that this year would of amounted to 100 losses